With a focus on Mobility, Operational Excellence, Value to our Customers and the Electrification of vehicles, you can expect to be part of something exciting. From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
Nissan’s Northwest Sales Region is currently looking for a Senior Dealer Operations Manager (DOM) in Spokane, WA.
The Senior DOM will be responsible for supporting dealerships’ sales operations to achieve all district’s new vehicle wholesale and retail sales objectives. The Sr. DOM helps identify best in class dealerships’ practices and recommends incorporation into programs and policies. Assessing sales operations through routine contact and site visits to identify areas of improvement and motivate dealership sales management to make improvements and take corrective actions to drive sales.
Essential Job Function:
- Drive vehicle wholesale objectives through effective retail operations consulting; demonstrating potential ROI on sales; accentuating special wholesale promotions and reward opportunities; promoting optimum car mix and car flow and negotiating special accommodations for dealerships.
- Reviews and monitors marketing and advertising plans for dealerships and assesses current effectiveness of their efforts. Suggests new marketing programs and techniques providing proven results; routinely reviews sales reports and financial statements with dealer sales management to monitor financial strength and compliance with company standards and agreements.
- Maintains awareness of competing dealerships in assigned market. Analyzes market registration information and incorporates market expansion opportunities into assigned dealerships to maximize sales. Incorporates impact of newly opened and closed dealerships in assigned district into marketing and sales plans to maximize dealership sales.
- Monitors inventories on dealership lots and review day supply reports with dealerships. Analyzes dealerships car mix demands. Proposes adjustments within 3 month ordering constraints to enhance future sales through improved car mix. Shares insights on assigned dealership changing model demands with Regional management and Distribution Manager to help achieve most efficient regional model allocations
- Works closely with other districts in Northwest region to maximize national sales efforts. Coordinates with Fixed Operations Manager counterpart to synergize operations. Provides logistical support relating to market representation changes and issues affecting assigned dealerships.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required; related business field such as Marketing, Finance, Economics, etc. MBA also a plus
- Minimum of 6-10 years of progressive OEM Marketing and Sales experience at the senior level including:
- 3+ years of experience in various specialties of the automotive industry within the corporate Marketing & Sales function to include: Sales Operations, Dealer Agreements, Marketing Representation, Dealer Network Development, Parts & Service, Sales Reporting, Marketing Analytics, Market Intelligence, Pricing, Consumer Affairs, Distribution, Customer Satisfaction, Customer Experience, Customer Quality, Advertising & Promotions, Warranty, Carflow, Carmix, Facilities & Merchandising, Chief Marketing Management, Product Planning
- 2+ yrs of experience in a direct dealer contact sales or support role such as Aftersales/Parts & Service/Fixed Operations Manager or Dealer Operations/Area Sales/Zone Manager
- Prior work may be a combination within region, headquarters, distribution or retail facility and may be at the Analyst or Regional Manager Level or similar type of position
- Demonstrated ability to influence the actions of others by building credibility through dealership knowledge, effective recommendations, clear communications, honesty, and demonstrated follow-up on promises; understands dealer agreements and required performance and policy compliance for dealerships
- Must reside in assigned district; future mobility within region and national headquarters also required
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire; Nissan uses E-Verify to validate employment eligibility.
**Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.**
Bellevue Washington United States of America
Supply Chain Management