To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
19303 Fremont Avenue North
Shoreline, WA 98133
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Administrator - Assisted Living
CRISTA Ministries • Shoreline, WA
Posted 1 month ago
Job Title: Administrator Assisted Living
Reports to: Director of Operations
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b Retirement
Paid Holidays & Vacation
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Assisted Living Administrator is an integral part of the Senior Living mission of providing joy and purpose to the lives of our residents. This position assumes overall responsibility to coordinate and facilitate the daily operational functions within Assisted Living to ensure high occupancy, financial viability and a safe, comfortable environment for the residents and staff. The Assisted Living Administrator is responsible to bring creativity, energy, and excellent leadership to the Courtyard team to ensure services and programming are administered in a manner that meets the needs of current and future resident populations. The Assisted Living Administrator is responsible for ensuring open communication with residents, families, staff and regulatory agencies to ensure transparency and resolve issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Ensure high standards throughout Assisted Living are maintained; making recommendations for improvement in space and appearance of the facility.
- Interface with residents and families and develop positive relationships with them; including; visiting them, praying with them and encouraging them.
- Facilitate and coordinate with outside community groups for the use of King’s Chapel for events and meetings.
- Resolve problems or difficult situations for residents, families and staff as necessary.
- Provide ongoing assessment of programs and services offered and evaluate for effectiveness to ensure changes meet and enhance the lives of Courtyard and Garden residents.
- Work cooperatively with CRISTA corporate departments to keep Assisted Living and Garden Apartments well managed and maintained.
- Participate in meetings and committees as organized or directed by the Executive Director.
- Provide oversight and management of capital improvement projects.
- Provide oversight for development of clinical strategies in response to the changing healthcare environment and needs of current and future resident populations.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for Courtyard and Garden residents and staff.
- Provide leadership in preparation for and during annual DSHS survey.
- Key point of contact with DSHS, DOH, state and local Fire Marshall, and other regulatory agencies in response to questions or concerns and maintain positive working relationships.
- Engage with appropriate Leading Age Washington committees and/or other industry related affiliations which promote educational opportunities for growth and enhancement.
- Keep abreast of industry regulations pertaining to state and local fire regulations, Fair Housing Act, ADA and CCRC.
- Participate in resident and management activities/meetings as required.
- Prepare and manage Assisted Living and Garden annual budget to ensure the facility is within budget and budgeted occupancy is maintained. Complete budget reports as required by the Executive Director.
- Provide oversight and coaching to key staff to ensure departments are maintained within budget.
- Ensure contractual obligations of Senior Living are met.
- Establish a work environment that fosters positive communication between management and all staff.
- Encourage and empower staff to be creative and accountable for their areas of responsibility.
- Recruit, select, train and retain staff.
- Evaluate staff performance and ensure expectations are met through ongoing conversations and documentation on the performance log.
- Meet with direct reports on a regular basis and provide coaching and mentoring.
- Handle all employee discipline in collaboration with HR.
- Enhance staff morale, productivity and growth through development opportunities, professional, personal and spiritual.
- Resident Relations:
- Maintain good communication and relationships with residents through the Resident Council.
- Work to solve individual resident problems.
- Encourage personal and spiritual growth.
- Participate in resident run committees and meetings as required.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, seniors and customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Office Supervisor, Environmental Services Supervisor, Activity Coordinator and Wellness Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
1.Christian Commitment: Must have a strong personal relationship with Christ.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent or relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis; or has completed a qualifying Administrator in Training (AIT) Program as outlined in WAC 388-78A-2530.
- Minimum of 2 years management experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a senior housing environment.
- Knowledge and expertise with DSHS regulations for Assisted Living.
- Knowledge and expertise of Fair Housing Act.
- Knowledge of state and local fire regulations.
- Experience in policy and procedure development.
- Licensure/Certification: Must be a licensed/certified Assisted Living Administrator per WAC 2530.
- Software and Equipment Used: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and publisher, HMX Vision and REPS
- Other Considerations:
- Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level.
- Enjoy working with seniors.
- Ability to find solutions to resident problems/concerns.
- Ability to work in an environment with constant interruptions.
- Flexible work hours; some evenings or weekend hours may be necessary to support marketing events and maintain census goals.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle and balance multiple tasks.
- Good judgment and ability to exercise discretion.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people including the elderly, CRISTA Stakeholders, resident advocates and family members, legal representatives and handicapped, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, seniors and customers.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Education: Graduate degree in related field.
Experience: Working in LTC or a CCRC.
Software and Equipment Used: AV Equipment and Visio.