What we do?
SPECTRAFORCE is an award winning global staffing, IT services and consulting company that specializes in providing top talent and solutions for clients throughout North America and India. We pride ourselves on our partnership with our clients, MSP/VMS providers, and our employees, who have enabled us to continually be ranked as a Top Supplier in the 75+ different clients we support.
Job Title: Medical Publication Manager
Location: Trenton, NJ 08648
Tentative Duration: 06 Months Assignment
· Medical Communications Execution Specialist supports a publication group with one or more assets in Medical Publications.
· Serves as a portfolio project manager to the Medical Communications Execution Leads delivering operational leadership and execution excellence enabling successful delivery of our Publications and Scientific Content priorities and team objectives
Role accountabilities include:
· Defines and implements operating model and processes to ensure transparent and efficient publication planning, metric driven execution for review cycles and communication of Publications and Scientific Content.
· Continuously challenges operational model assumptions to improve efficiencies and identify pressures/constraints and future risks offering alternative strategies. Quickly escalates barriers to successful execution to Medical Communications Execution Lead.
·Leads integrated, portfolio (cross-asset/indication) activities at prioritized domestic & international medical congresses ensuring efficiencies and flawless execution of scientific presentations.
· Proactively anticipates challenges, articulating effective and realistic contingency plans. Serves as the Publications congress execution lead on cross-functional congress planning teams
· Develops proactive, cross-functional portfolio publication-related metrics and reports
· Utilizes a variety of project management tools (Data vision) and financial systems (RPM/SAP) to ensure projects are delivered on required timelines/budgets.
· Maintains core publication stakeholder distribution lists and ensures these are up to date.
· With supervision from a Medical Communications Execution Lead, optimizes strategic outsource
· Partnerships including evaluating Agency performance and leading RFP initiatives for successful on-boarding and integration of new Agency partners for Publications and Content
· Continually assesses financial health of Publications and Content budget by evaluating committed/projected spends and adjusting budget allocation as needed
· Partners with Publication/Content Leads to understand the book of work and how it will be delivered within established budget. Maintains budget and projections in financial management systems, serving as the point of contact between Finance, Project Management and Agency, ensuring ongoing transparency into spend.
· Accountable for ensuring April/September projections and year-end financial discussions, reconciliations and service Order close outs are completed within the required timelines
· Oversees annual Publication/Content Strategy Planning and Budget preparations ensuring clarity in timelines, deliverables and anticipating potential barriers to successful execution
· Collaborates across Medical Communications Execution Leads to identify efficiencies and to implement best practices
· BS in health-science related field with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical or related healthcare industry; Medical Communications agency experience beneficial
· Experience with change leadership and demonstrated success in leading a cross- functional matrix team with excellent organizational, written & oral communication, facilitation, interpersonal and leadership skills
· Proven experience effectively managing timelines and identifying resource needs and constraints and implementing strategies to meet changing needs/ requirements
· Track record of success in leading complex projects. Demonstrated strong project management skills; Project management certification (PMP) a plus
· Experience managing 3rd party vendors and influencing without authority
· Experience managing project and portfolio budgets
Why you should apply;
· Great pay
· Excellent work location
· Opportunity to work with one of the leading Pharma giant
· Long term contract duration
· Apply online; You can reach me at 919-230-9952 ext. 4332 and also email me email@example.com
· Application Submission; we will reach out to you over the phone to discuss important aspects of this job opening and upon agreement your profile will be submitted to the client for review.
· Interviews; Depending on the size of the selection committee, several interviews are scheduled for each candidate. We will coordinate with candidates to set up interviews with our client.
· Job offer; After completion of all the interviews, Hiring Manager confers and evaluates applicants based on the interviews, job experience, skills and talent assessments, and all other relevant information (recommendations, e.g.). A top choice should be identified and agreed on.
· Background checks; After Job offer, background checks would be conducted to review candidates’ criminal record, to verify employment history and eligibility, and to run credit checks. Drug testing may also be warranted, depending on the nature of the job.
· Onboarding; Based on the background checks, first day reporting details would be shared with candidate upon the client ‘instructions.
After completion of all the interviews, Hiring Manager confers and evaluates applicants based on the interviews, job experience, skills and talent assessments, and all other relevant information (recommendations, e.g.). A top choice should be identified and agreed on.