To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1025 Saint James Church Road
Newton, NC 28658
- Phone: 828-465-4000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Receptionist - Part Time
Sarstedt, Inc. • Newton, NC
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments located in Newton, NC, is looking for a Part Time Receptionist.
Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for 2 weeks, 12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for the following 2 weeks, and so on subsequently, required to occasionally work a full day to cover the other part time receptionist’s time off.
Serves as the initial contact and company representative when greeting visitors or taking incoming phone calls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and issues badges when required.
- Processes daily incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Maintains time logs for contract workers, visitors, and Grounds Coordinator.
- Maintains vendor certificate of insurance files.
- Orders, retrieves, and maintains office supplies as needed.
- Reviews and enters purchase orders into the system.
- Provides support to other departments as needed.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, visitors, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
The Company participates in E-Verify