Large Real Estate Company seeking a Human Resources Specialist to be responsible for processing leave of absences using online payroll service. Must maintain ongoing contact with employees on leave and their managers to coordinate time off and return to work. The Human Resources Specialist will report all workers’ compensation claims to the carrier on a timely basis and provide leave documentation while the employee is off work. This role will engage with employees who request accommodations under the ADA act. Ensure accurate data collection and output of reports and data to managers. Ongoing auditing, analysis and reconciliation of payroll and data; and maintenance of records and files. Maintenance of all personnel records both electronic and hard copies for the HR, Payroll & Recruiting department.
The Human Resources Specialist provides broad professional HR services to all managers and employees in the areas including (and not limited to): Payroll, Benefits, Leaves of Absence, Workers’ Compensation, Employment and Policy Administration/Compliance. The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for excellence in customer satisfaction and operating cost efficiencies for functional areas and serves as a resource to both managers and employees. Provides supports to the other members of the human resources team, as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Interprets company policies and governmental regulations affecting leave of absences. Stays abreast of changes in laws and regulations governing the processing of all leave types.
- Reviews workers’ compensation claims quarterly with carrier. Provide documentation and information on claims to expedite resolution of each claim.
- Records changes accurately that affect insurance and benefit coverage for each employee on a leave of absence. Update master payroll records and work closely with Sr. Payroll Specialist to provide accurate pay data for each payroll cycle.
- Develops, prepares, analyzes and interprets periodic reports for workers’ compensation claims, leaves of absence and ADA accommodations.
- Communicates changes to employees regarding benefits, pay and employment as needed.
- Create and maintain a leave of absence procedures manual.
- Creates and maintains employee records for Human Resources, Payroll and Recruiting.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Human Resources Ops and Sr. VP of Human Resources.
- Assisting in coordination of all employee special events (Wellness and Safety)
- Assisting with implementation of new procedures and training
- Prepare for and lead the new employee orientation and Company orientation. Revise and create new materials as needed.
- Report Workers Compensation claims.
- Update Dayforce System with Human Resources related information, as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all personnel transactions to improve upon the overall operational effectiveness and efficiency of the human resources function.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for department
- Respond to agency requests for personnel-related information and materials.
- Generate the employee service award report and awards.
- Assist with Separations and Exit interview process with the Human Resources Manager and Payroll.
- Assist with miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) and/or 2 years equivalent in human resources management or business-related field preferred;
OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SHRM certification or other relevant certification, preferred
PREFERRED SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Must have 2 years processing experience with leaves of absence, ADA accommodations and workers’ compensation using an online payroll/HRIS system.
- Ability to analyze financial data. Acceptance and application of the confidential nature of the position.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal labor laws.
- Experience coordinating and delivering best practices training and development programs.
- Able to work with wide variety of personalities and deal with each person in an effective and professional manner. Solid experience advising managers regarding performance management and employee relations.
- Strong presentation, communication (verbal and written), influence, decision-making, interpersonal, conflict resolution and time management skills. Ability to communicate and interface professionally and sensitively to staff, board, residents and public. Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to research, analyze, solve, and follow through on complex tasks. Able to successfully meet deadlines and achieve goals. Flexible, agile, innovative, accurate, detailed-oriented and well organized.
- Commitment to the companies’ goals and philosophy including excellence in customer service and communication. Able and willing to travel to all company locations to provide HR services.
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We care about diversity and inclusivity and foster an environment that celebrates individuality and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race.