Create a Job Alert.Enter your email below to save this search and receive job recommendations for similar positions.
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
Position Specific Responsibilities include the oversight of the following but not limited to:
- Provides key leadership in the development and continuing evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Management and oversight of Accounting and Financial functions for the organization.
- Manages and leads finance teams including supervision, progress reviews and plans for improvement and team building.
- Responsible for integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of all internal and external financial reporting.
- Builds and utilizes financial models and systems for proactive analysis of results and forecasting.
- Collaborates & educates business unit leaders on their respective P&L’s surfacing further opportunities for increased productivity and profitability.
- Manages external investment firms and actively pursues additional opportunities to drive further investment yield.
Primary responsibility, in cooperation and coordination with CEO, for reporting and relationships with the following outside organizations:
- Coordinates information and maintains relationships with rating agencies, including A.M. Best Company.
- Tax reporting and filings for all entities.
- Quarterly reports and updates to the Departments of Insurance.
- Primary contact and leadership for relationships with independent auditors and tax consultants.
- Attends board meetings and holds primary responsibility for financial updates and reports.
Holds major role for the enterprise in key risk management areas including,
- Monitoring and reporting on capital adequacy and profitability trends for all entities to management, board, and external constituents.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies, and rating and regulatory actions/directions.
- Ensures that effective internal controls are in place
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
Total Team Responsibilities:
- Participate as a member of the Executive Team and other team or special committee assignments.
- Actively seeks ways to modernize the accounting function driving efficiency.
- Works with CEO and leadership team on the strategic vision including evaluation of new business strategies and growth opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business or accounting from a four-year college or university.
- Advanced education preferred.
- Ten + years of experience in increasingly responsible accounting or finance positions.
- Ten + years of leadership experience
- Experience in the property & casualty insurance industry
- Strong knowledge of Statutory Accounting Principles, IRS rules, and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Current on new technology relevant to the accounting & finance function in the insurance industry
- Exceptional hands-on quantitative skills, along with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build rapport, provide motivation, resolve conflicts, build teamwork, and coach colleagues to attain company, department and team objectives.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion with minimum supervision.
- Some travel may be required.
- Innovation/Initiative/Creativity: Approaches problems with intellectual curiosity and an open mind; is able to optimize risk and champion solutions with best return to our stakeholders.
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrates customer focus by seeking out, understanding, and responding to the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Communication: Presents ideas and facts clearly and effectively, tailoring communication to the level and experience of the audience; keeps people accurately informed and up to date with both positive and potentially negative information.
- Accountability/Reliability: Follow-through on commitments is timely, accurate, and complete.
- Technical Competence – Appropriately applies technical/procedural knowledge to correctly address a situation.
- Collaboration/Teamwork – Works with others to solve problems, by respecting other views and ideas, and appropriately giving and receiving feedback.
- Drive for Results – Handles multiple projects/initiatives at the same time, delivers by deadline dates, and adjusts work and resources accordingly to meet changing priorities.