NEVADA URBAN INDIANS, INC
POSITION TITLE: Fiscal Officer
STATUS: Full/Part Time (24 - 32 hours per week, Non-Exempt). Health insurance benefits at no cost will be available for employee who works 30 hours+/week
POSTING PERIOD: Open Until Filled
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a completed employment application, resume, cover letter, and copy of diploma to the address, fax, or email below. Job application is available on our website.
POSITION: Job Summary: Under direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer (CEO), plans, directs and overseeing all fiscal accounting records and maintaining an internal reporting system that meets the requirements of various funding agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance. Three (3) years of responsible work experience in grants managing fiscal, auditing and accounting functions including payroll.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Must submit to a pre-employment drug screening including illicit drugs and Tuberculosis, and criminal background check, within 24 hours after the offer accepted, prior to the start of employment. Employment with NUI is contingent upon satisfactory results of pre-employment background check which may include but are not limited to criminal background check, drug screening, child abuse and neglect screening, employment reference checks for current and former employers, academic credentials check, and licensure before the first date of hire or soon after. Must have a current CPR card or be able to obtain one. Must provide a copy of driver license and proof of auto insurance.
Work is performed in a standard medical office environment. May require sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods of time; moderate or light lifting of objects up to 25 pounds; dexterity in use of hands and fingers in times of extended use of a computer keyboard in data entry and/or repetitive correspondence or documents; exposure to computer screens. Use of modern office equipment, including but not limited to: telephone, computers, printers, scanners, calculators, photocopiers, facsimile and postage machines, and recorders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to, the following:
● Comply with all fiscal operations as defined in Fiscal Policies. Operations include but not limited to: Fiscal Policy development; prepare for and take lead in agency audits; review/approve all purchases; develop annual salary schedule according to available funding; contract development for review and approval by the Board; obtain and oversee vendor bidding and report to CEO; compile and present monthly fiscal report on all program budgets
● prepare budget development for new grant applications, oversee and comply with grant awards and action plan; implement new grants; monthly report on agency credit card use; oversee employee travel activity (both in-state and out-of-state); program compliance with established policy relative to fiscal operations.
● Responds to financial inquiries; clarifies technical issues, reporting requirements; ensures financial compliance.
● Maintains agency credit cards; provide purchase directions and appropriate forms. When bill is received, review charges and ensure supporting documentation is submitted and charges are applied to appropriate program.
● Provides assistance to program staff in the development and compliance of program grants and contracts; monitoring programs to ensure compliance.
● Prepare, document and reconcile payroll; oversee and maintain employee insurance benefits and 403(b) plan; input leave exceptions, reconcile employee leave accounts and maintain leave records; oversee and maintain agency investment account, worker’s compensation insurance account, agency vehicle insurance account, etc. and advise CEO.
● Reconciles bank statements; provide CEO with reconciliations; complete month end processing; monitor daily cash management.
● Perform other related duties as required and assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of: governmental accounting principles; government, federal, state, local regulations; budgeting and/or account principles and practices; contract preparation and tracking; grants management; internal controls.
Ability to: prepare and present budget; provide information/justification to CEO and Board of Directors; prepare, analyze and interpret complex financial reports; analyze accounting; develop corrective action plans; negotiate solutions to problems; develop and maintain budgetary reports related to business operations, revenues, expenditures, and etc. In addition, the ability to maintain strict confidentiality, impartial
Skill in: planning, organizing and managing diverse programs and business operations; principles and techniques used in planning, organizing, developing and administering a variety of programs; making mathematical calculations that are sufficient to prepare financial reports, make fiscal projections and analyze fiscal data; use of a computer and various software programs.
SPECIAL NOTE: NUI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to contact the agency about employment opportunities. Indian hiring preference may apply to some positions dependent upon funding agency. (Title 25, U.S.C. 472 & 473 & Title VII, Section 703 (i) of the Civil Rights Act of 1964). Preference will be given to qualified American Indian applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian preference, applicants should include a copy of their tribal ID or certificate of Indian blood with application. (Section 703(i) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 48 CFR 352.270-2, and 48 CFR 352.270-3.)
Please Note: NUI reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job descriptions is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
Nevada Urban Indians, Inc.
6512 S. McCarran Blvd., Suite A, NV 89509
Fax: Phone number blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply