KnowledgeBank, Inc. is an award winning provider of human capital, organizational effectiveness and learning solutions, as well as innovative outsourced and project-based human capital management services to organizations ranging from large Federal agencies, state and local governments, Fortune 500 firms and small and emerging companies.
KnowledgeBank is currently seeking a Human Resources (HR) Specialist to support the Securities and Exchange Commission University (SECU). This position is full time and onsite in Washington, DC. This position requires the successful candidate to apply their background and work experience within training programs and environments to include assisting in the planning, organizing, developing, implementing and coordinating HR policies, programs and practices. The HR Specialist will provide comprehensive support to the SECU employees as part of a contractor team wherein the Specialist may be called upon to provide the following support, although the Specialist is not expected to provide all of the duties:
Coordinate and support assigned courses and programs
- Coordinate and support classroom and virtual instructor led training (VILT) training sessions (e.g., courses delivered via WebEx or other live online platforms).
- Benchmark and research new topics for inclusion in SECU catalog.
- With direction from an SECU program manager or leadership, browsing open sources of leadership or professional development content (e.g., HRDQ catalog/webinars, Harvard Business Review articles, newly released leadership or professional development books, etc.), identifying frequently-referenced topics that are not currently offered internally within SECU, and compiling a list of reputable resources for content research and potential creation of new courses.
- Conduct market research to share with program managers/deans and facilitate selection of new vendors.
- Requires researching potential vendors, their offerings, and costs for suitability and potential utilization by SECU. Generally this involves research on the internet, program catalogs, references from other organizations, etc. If vendor program costs and descriptions are not published, requests for costs and other information are solicited via email. (Training will be provided if needed.)
- Draft SF-182s and SF-182 checklists after final selections are made by Government staff (for signature by Government staff).
- Create and monitor events, sessions, and registration links in the Learning Management System (LMS; currently LEAP).
- Coordinate instructor and room scheduling, AV, IT, instructor escort, and/or classroom setup support for SEC or SECU classes or programs as needed.
- Develop, coordinate and implement training communications (e.g., SEC Today, email announcements, video boards, etc.) about training.
- Coordinate printing and delivery of classroom materials.
- Serve as producer for VILT sessions using WebEx or other SEC-utilized conference/training software. (Training will be provided if needed.)
- Analyze and report on training attendance and evaluation data.
Manage SECU content and queries in askHR
- Monitor AskHR and respond to Tier 2 cases within area of assignment. Refer more complex cases/queries to Government program manager as applicable.
- Review SECU askHR pages/articles/content for currency and accuracy.
- Identify needed updates and coordinate changes with program owner as applicable.
- Recommend changes to make the content more dynamic/user friendly/current.
- Upload updates as needed, e.g., current catalog, changes to processes etc.
- Track page ‘hits’ and ways to track/promote SECU content (see below).
Coordinate SECU marketing efforts
- Provide significant input to the marketing plan for specified SECU classes and programs.
- Work independently or with SECU program managers and Office of Public Affairs, Desktop Publishing, and other SEC communication/marketing resources to develop and implement SECU information and marketing resources.
Develop training materials in support of SECU and/or SEC Division/Office programs
- Create/revise job aids or other learning aids.
- Create content for PowerPoint slides, handouts, and other course materials.
- Convert eLearning content to 508-compliant documents (pdf, word, text).
- Under the guidance of an SECU eLearning specialist, assist in the development of eLearning modules.
Conduct presentations and briefings in support of SECU
- Present program information to SEC employees, divisions/office/Employee Resource Groups (ERG).
- This would involve, presenting information on area of assignment or expertise within SECU programs and processes. For example, doing a presentation on the correct way to set up, deliver, and submit a class IAW established standards so participants in the class can earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
- Serve as panelist in areas of assignment and/or expertise.
- This will require the incumbent to serve as a panelist discussing SECU offerings, programs, processes, etc. You must be able to be conversant and answer questions within an area you are supporting within the SECU and working in as part of your regular SECU duties. For example, serving as a panelist during an Administrative Support Professionals community meeting to discuss and answer questions about an eLearning program within their area of assignment or about processes within LEAP.
Coordinate SECU data reporting, tracking and analytics using data from available from multiple internal and external sources.
- Conduct tracking and analysis as required.
- Input data and reports into appropriate systems/processes.
Support SECU communications with new managers and employees
- Identify new managers and employees each pay period and coordinate delivery of SECU info/products.
- Working with SECU program managers, support identification of content for inclusion in new manager and/or employee packages.
- Assemble and distribute materials and employees to new managers as well as training coordinators, business managers, and Managing Executives as applicable.
- Provide content for New Employee Orientation (NEO) folders.
- Coordinate meetings with SECU staff and new managers.
Support Continuing Professional Education (CPE) and Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs
- Review requests and submissions for CPE and/or CLE for sufficiency and completeness IAW established processes and protocols.
- Respond to requests for information on CPE and CLE submissions and status via email, telephone and/or AskHR.
- Provide consultation and training to SEC employees or groups on the CPE and CLE programs.
- Develop, update, and maintain appropriate records and other documentation.
Provide additional administrative and training support as appropriate
- Minimum of 8 years applying a wide range of federal HR concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies, and precedents sufficient to effectively support the HR Specialist Role (Training and Development).
- Experience with automated Learning Management systems is preferred.
- Must possess solid professional credentials including at least a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
KnowledgeBank offers a competitive pay and benefits package that includes generous paid-time-off including holidays, short-and-long-term disability; group health insurance including medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending account for health and dependent care; 401(k) retirement plan and professional certification reimbursement.
KnowledgeBank is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Members of ethnic minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
Learning Management Systems