The Manager is responsible for managing the overall operation of the restaurant as the proprietor in charge. S/he creates an environment in which Enlightened Hospitality and guest satisfaction are paramount. Ensures the restaurant operates efficiently and effectively within the guidelines of the Company’s standards of operation and ensures adherence to all local, state and federal laws and regulations. S/he models Tahoe Joe’s Way in word and action to all employees, guests, vendors and the community.
Major responsibilities include creating a positive, values-based work culture and dining experience for both internal and external guests; building guest counts and sales; ensuring secure, proper and safe handling and transportation of funds; providing an “always great” dining experience for all guests; quality selection and development of employees; effective cost controls; ensuring a safe and secure workplace and dining environment for employees and guests; maximizing profit opportunities by developing realistic budgets; overseeing the safe handling and preparation of food; guest relations; sanitation; employee relations including the authority to hire, counsel, discipline and terminate employees, and administer employee retention and retention building programs; supporting and implementing the Community Representative program; and the physical/aesthetic maintenance of the restaurant including equipment maintenance.
- Education: High School or equivalent. College desired but not required. The ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations typically obtained through the completion of high school. The ability to read and write English. Spanish a plus.
- Experience: 3- 5 years experience at the General Manager level in a full service restaurant environment or comparable experience.
- Licenses: ServSafe.
- Job Knowledge: Company operating policies and procedures, Labor Laws, Health Codes, Safe Food Handling and Sanitation, Safety and Security systems and procedures, computer operations.
- Skills: Good people management skills, good communication and listening skills, flexible and adaptable. Analytical and deductive reasoning, time management and organization, training and development focused. Proficient user of Word, Excel and Windows computer programs
- Demonstrates high ethical standards at all times.
- Internally motivated and detail oriented and has a passion for teaching others. Measures own success by the success of those working with him/her.
- Must be able to hear and understand guest, employee and/or vendor questions, comments and concerns and to communicate clearly.
- Must be available to work in excess of 50 hours per week.
- Physical and mental stamina and endurance necessary to work long work shifts (as much as ten hours) while circulating through the restaurant managing and directing employees as necessary.
- Able to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- The ability to tour and inspect every aspect of restaurant operations, from service to facility to kitchen equipment. This includes the use of ladders to inspect building roofs.
- Able to lift 20 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Must be reliable to report to work as schedule demands dictate.
- Able to travel regularly to each restaurant within the region, as well as to internal and external meetings.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Privately held Food Management Partners (FMP) is a multi-concept operator of independent restaurant brands co-founded by three industry veterans in 1999. FMP currently manages all store-level and corporate operations for Country Buffet, Don Pablo’s, Furr’s Fresh Buffet, Hometown Buffet, Hops, Old Country Buffet, Ryan’s, Sushi Zushi, Tahoe Joe’s and Zio's Italian Kitchen in 36 states. Additionally, we have operating interest in a handful of Lonestar Steakhouse and Texas Land & Cattle locations. FMP also operates Dynamic Foods, a manufacturer and distributor of multiple lines of fresh and frozen products for contract food service and grocery stores, as well as restaurants and retail establishments. Alamo Retail Solutions, a millwork facility serving the retail sector, is also managed by Food Management Partners. Previously, FMP operated one of the largest Buffalo Wild Wings and Little Caesars franchises, and was a founding franchisee of Smashburger.
View the full profile