SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Delivers patient care through the application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, evidence-based practice, and approved organizational nursing standards.
· Assesses and evaluates patient care needs and applies critical thinking skills in patient care management.
· Conducts patient interview, explains policies and procedures to patient/ significant others.
· Reviews patient’s chart and answers questions correctly and courteously.
· Assesses gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, respiratory, renal and neurological health status; determines mobility, sensory deficits, prostheses use, and skin condition and adjusts plan of care, as appropriate.
· Assesses level of pain and pain management; communicates/documents patient’s physiologic health status and plan of care.
· Assesses patient’s psychosocial health status; elicits perception of medical/nursing care and the expectation of care.
· Monitors local cases as set forth by hospital policy.
· Handles specimens set forth by hospital policy.
· Prioritizes all aspects of patient care including teaching, rounding, coaching, and discharge planning and delegating to others as appropriate.
· Educates patients and caregivers while anticipating needs and readiness to learn, about their plan of care, transition of care, promotion of health, and prevention of disease, when applicable.
· Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, family and all members of the Interdisciplinary Patient Care Team.
· Manages assignments as delegated, and demonstrates allocation of material resources effectively.
· Other duties assigned.
Skills and Experience Required:
Two years of the following experience is required: Scrub and circulating experience IV insertion and phlebotomy skill conscious sedation experience
Licenses and Certifications required:
RN License - required
AHA BLS - required
AHA ACLS - required
IV Certification - required
AORN - preferred