You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
RN - OR (Operating Room Nurse)
The Staff Nurse in the Operating Room has skills and competence in Perioperative Nursing and works within the scope of regulatory agency standards and policies and procedures as set forth by our client and influenced by governing body AORN.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Delivers patient care through the application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, evidence-based practice, and approved organizational nursing standards.
· Assesses and evaluates patient care needs and applies critical thinking skills in patient care management.
· Conducts patient interview, explains policies and procedures to patient/ significant others.
· Reviews patient’s chart and answers questions correctly and courteously.
· Assesses gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, respiratory, renal and neurological health status; determines mobility, sensory deficits, prostheses use, and skin condition and adjusts plan of care, as appropriate.
· Assesses level of pain and pain management; communicates/documents patient’s physiologic health status and plan of care.
· Assesses patient’s psychosocial health status; elicits perception of medical/nursing care and the expectation of care.
· Monitors local cases as set forth by hospital policy.
· Handles specimens set forth by hospital policy.
· Prioritizes all aspects of patient care including teaching, rounding, coaching, and discharge planning and delegating to others as appropriate.
· Educates patients and caregivers while anticipating needs and readiness to learn, about their plan of care, transition of care, promotion of health, and prevention of disease, when applicable.
· Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, family and all members of the Interdisciplinary Patient Care Team.
· Manages assignments as delegated, and demonstrates allocation of material resources effectively.
· Other duties assigned.
Skills and Experience Required:
Two years of the following experience is required: Scrub and circulating experience IV insertion and phlebotomy skill conscious sedation experience
Licenses and Certifications required:
RN License - required
AHA BLS - required
AHA ACLS - required
IV Certification - required
AORN - preferred
- Advanced Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Registered Nurse Certified
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.