We are seeking an energetic experience Electrician to join our Plant Maintenance team. The incumbent must understand blueprints and drawings and be able to work from schematic drawings. The incumbent must know test equipment and its application and sufficiently know principles of AC&DC current. The incumbent must have full knowledge of equipment and electronic controls. A personal set of tools is required for this position.
· Plans proposed installation from sketches, or diagrams with general instructions issued by department head. Occasionally makes up own sketches.
· Lays out, assembles, installs and tests a wide variety of complex equipment such as automatic controls, power systems, switch gear, and welders.
· Tests electric and electronic devices for performance.
· Repairs motors and other electrical equipment including welders.
· Maintains electrical equipment necessary for the proper performance of light and power.
· Traces and locates electrical circuits and makes necessary repairs on same.
· Forms and installs electrical conduit of all sizes.
· Familiar with City and State electrical code.
· Directs work of lower rated electrician and helper.
· Uses all types of hand and power tools.
· Occasionally makes pull boxes and control panels.
· Will move motors, transformers and welders.
Equivalent to 4 years high school plus general trades training.
2.5 years as Electrician “B” and 1 Year in “A”. Total 3.5 years.
Modine Manufacturing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants!