Experienced Automotive (Auto) Technician / Automotive (Auto) Mechanic
Job Summary: We are looking to add an experienced auto technician or auto mechanic to the A&J Team. Do you feel underappreciated at work? Do you feel you are just a number? If this is you, send us your resume to become an excellent team member of a family owned and operated company! The right candidate will diagnose and repair automotive mobility vehicles. We are a family owned and operated company started in 1975 with a very positive work environment. Monday - Friday workweek. No Weekends! We are the leading automotive mobility dealer in Wisconsin!
- Properly inspect all vehicles for needed repairs and safety
- Properly diagnose and repair all customers concerns
- Complete necessary repairs and take vehicles for test drives to verify repair
- Perform general vehicle repairs, product installation and servicing as directed by the Service Manager
- Inform management of any issues found with vehicles, mobility equipment or shop equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Achieve and maintain all training certifications as required by the dealer and manufacturer along with a working knowledge of current industry best practices in automotive repair
- Maintain legible and accurate paperwork for both the customer and dealership records per dealership and manufacturers policies and procedures
- Some ASE Certifications or willingness to become certified in certain categories within 1 year
- Clean and maintain the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety
- Some formal training and certifications (Preferred)
- Ability to operate all auto repair tools
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools and equipment a must
- State driver’s license with a clean driving record. (Required)
- Must be willing to undergo a background check.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Ability to develop strong positive constructive relations with co-workers, staff and our clientele
- Ability to work efficiently alone and in a team environment
- Desire to Help Others
- Minimum of 2 years automotive mechanical repair experience
- Ability to "Think Outside the Box"
Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive Wages
- Ongoing Factory Training
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Reimbursement Program
- 401K with Employer Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 5 Day Workweek (Weekdays Only)
$ 18.50 - $ 20.50 based upon experience
A&J Mobility is Wisconsin’s Leading Provider of Automotive Wheelchair Accessibility Solutions. We offer a wide array of products including wheelchair accessible vehicles, automotive wheelchair lifts, turning automotive seating, hand controls and more.
Keywords: Automotive Mechanic, Fabricator, Welding, Diesel Mechanic, Service Technician, Automotive Technician, Repair Work, Truck Mechanic, Bus Mechanic, Fabrication, Auto Tech, Service Tech, Auto Mechanic, Wrench, Manitowoc, Chilton, Kiel, Sheboygan, New Holstein, Brillion, Reedsville, Two Rivers.
**A&J Vans Inc. dba A&J Mobility is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. A&J Vans Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will give equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, color, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, learning disability, or physical disability, unless it is shown that such a disability prevents performance of the work involved. Sexual orientation is defined in Wisconsin State Statute s.111.32 (13m) as "having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality, or bisexuality, having history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference."
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50 to $20.50 /hour