To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20005
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cordia Resources • Washington, DC
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
· $20M budget, has 50 different funds in and works with international locations
· 4-5 person Accounting/Finance team
· Using Dynamics SL accounting software
Location: Washington DC (downtown, metro accessible)
Role: Senior Accountant
· Daily tasks include processing accounts payable (i.e. preparation and approval of reoccurring and non-reoccurring invoices, ACH/Wire Payments, and filing), maintenance of operating cash and petty cash file, monitoring of cash balances via online banking system, and deposit/cutting checks when necessary.
· Processing grant payments - which requires liaising with team members of the grant project and grant manager to ensure accuracy, compliance, and alignment with budget and grant agreement.
· Completing monthly bank reconciliations of two operating accounts.
· Reviewing employee and consultant expense reports when submitted and administering reimbursements.
· Managing the Credit Card Reports on a monthly basis and importing data into accounting system (SUN).
· Functioning as the main point of contact and corresponding with bank relationship manager on any bank issues (i.e. requesting an update to a wire template, placing a trace on a wire, and closing an account etc.)
· Preparing 1099 Forms and Foreign Taxes Filing (Report on Foreign Bank Accounts) on an annual basis
· Working closely with external auditors for HQ Audit and Grant Audits
· Processing payments on a timely basis, (within 2 weeks, and urgent payments, as needed)
· Process payroll on a monthly basis. Experience with Paychex is a plus, but not required.
· Ad hoc projects, and coverage as necessary
· Excellent benefits
· 100% health insurance coverage
· 5% matching 403B
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· CPA designation, highly preferred
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL is a plus
· Knowledge of Fund accounting preferred
· Minimum of 2+ years of accounting experience, not for profit experience preferred
· Strong in Microsoft applications: particularly Excel
· Fluency in English and strong communication skills: able to synthesize thoughts in an effective manner and communicate well with people at various levels of the external and internal organization
· Independent thinker, able to operate independently on short- and long-term tasks, possesses common sense and comfort working in a high volume and constantly changing environment
· Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
· Must be detail oriented, professional and a team-player
· Must be well organized and able to multi-task