Missouri Metals, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Quality Manager in St. Louis, MO. If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
As the Quality Manager for Missouri Metals, a division of Samuel Son & Co., you will manage a quality team and influence the business to drive a strong culture of quality and continuous improvement. Building on and improving current practices will be a key objective in this role and your improved metrics will be the evidence of your ability to influence and make change for the better. You will evolve what quality means for Missouri Metals and our customers.
- Responsible for meeting quality assurance objectives
- Lead the Operations team to best identify and resolve quality issues
- Ensure the site is prepared for, and in compliance with, AS9100 and Nadcap requirements
- Ensure compliance with customer part standards and audit
- Lead continuous improvement across the organization by conducting analyses, identifying critical control points and implementing preventative measure
- Validate quality processes by tracking and documenting quality metrics
- Communicate metrics in cross-functional organizational meetings
- Act as a liaison between sales and production regarding quality specifications
- Mentor associates to drive a culture of quality assurance and continuous improvement
- Investigate and address customer complaints regarding quality in a timely fashion
- Make recommendations for corrective measures and ensure they are implemented
- Lead and/or participate in internal and external audits
- Facilitate RCCA activities
- Provide evidence in support of conformance with applicable standards and procedures as it pertains to the audit
- Ensure plant awareness in compliance with ISO/AS9100 standards
- Ensure corrective actions are implemented to close all internal/external findings
- Lead/delegate layered audit activities within the manufacturing facility
- Lead and mentor a team of quality engineers and inspectors to ensure the quality department delivers on goals and objectives
- Provide coaching and feedback to enhance team strengths and overcome areas for development
- Engineering degree or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Sig Sigma certification considered a desired asset (Green Belt, Black Belt
- 10 years’ experience in a quality role within a manufacturing facility (aerospace or automotive preferred)
- 5-7 years of management experience for a quality department
- Strong analytical skills
- Driver of change – ability to communicate the importance of a quality management system to all layers in the organization
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure internal and external customer demands are met within established timelines
- Positive team player to be able to function on teams and ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization
- Excellent leadership skills to be able to effectively manage the QA department by establishing department objectives and priorities that align with operational and customer requirements.
- Oversees the performance of the QA Engineers and production inspectors.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance