Individual Personal Supports Services, Inc. (IPS) has been providing services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities (intellectual disabilities, autism, cerebral palsy, epilepsy and similar conditions) since 2001. The mission of IPS is to provide individualized support for each person to live as independently as possible and with the greatest quality of life. Currently IPS operates 4 residential care facilities located in Southern California, specifically Azusa, Glendora, La Verne and Pomona.
The positions we have available are called Direct Support Professional or DSP. DSPs provide direct care, supervision, support, training and guidance to individuals with developmental disabilities who live in the licensed residential facilities (regular houses) that we operate.
The following hours are currently available:
- 10:00 pm - 6:00 am, which is our "graveyard" or nocturnal (NOC) shift
- 6:00 am - 9:00 am on weekdays and 6:00 am - 2:00 pm on weekends
- 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm all days
1. High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) high school equivalency.
Ongoing Education and Training:
1. Certification in First Aid and CPR, provided by IPS.
2. Completion of 20 hours of continuing education hours every 12 months, provided by IPS at our monthly
1. Previous experience as a Direct Support Professional (DSP) or a childcare or adult care provider is preferred but not required.
1. Minimum 18 years of age.
2. Criminal Record Clearance via Live Scan from the California Department of Social Services.