At Affinity Health Group, we specialize in taking care of people: our members, our patients, and our employees. We offer competitive salaries and great benefits! Benefits include: Health, Dental, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and 401(k).
Affinity is currently looking for a Population Health Scheduler to work from 8:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
Job Summary: The Population Health Scheduler will perform a wide variety of duties in the Population Health Program. Primary concentration will be on calling and coordinating patients for Health Risk Assessment visits by a Nurse Practitioner. The candidate will have strong phone communication and computer skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Scheduling patients for Health Risk Assessments by the Nurse Practitioner
• Run Reports through V-Net to help determine appointment needs
• Keep statuses up to date after visit completion
• Prepare Nurse Practitioner folders for home visits or provider offices
• Send disconnect letters to patients who are unable to reach
• Pull claims/diagnoses in V-Net for Nurse Practitioners
• Access, collect, and transfer member information from multiple computer data systems
• Faxing, mailing, and scanning multiple documents
• Answering and filtering phone calls from multiple departments
• Calling from provider’s offices to assist with scheduling services or visit with the provider
• Documentation in Excel, V-Net, and Centricity electronic medical records
• Project for calling members needing services, sending letters, giving supervisors reports for each measure to be able to improve the workflows
• Float from HRA/APH as needed
• Schedule and coordinate home visits, make folders
• Scanning, mailing and faxing provider reports
• Field calls for this department
• Coordinate care for SNP members between the Population Health department, SNP case managers, and any other affiliated resources.
• Assist with any new Population Health program initiatives that may arise.
• Assist with card activation project to determine member needs
• Assists the Scheduling coordinator with needs that may arise.
• Other duties as assigned
• Floating to APH clinic, provider offices, or assisting NP’s within the homes may be needed on occasion
• Assistance with Patient compliance initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong computer skills
• Familiarity with Excel and Microsoft Word
• Familiarity with EMR
• Ability to function within several computer programs
• Excellent phone communication
• Communicates effectively with other employees and members
• Works independently and self-motivator
• Works in a timely manner
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to interact effectively with all staff
• Strong verbal skills and grammar
• Works under general supervision of Population Health Supervisor and occasional supervision of the Population Health Coordinator and Population Health Manager
• Travel required, but is reimbursed accordingly to travel policy
• Please see travel policy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.