Leggett & Platt, Incorporated is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic for the Tracy, CA facility. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for preventative and routine maintenance, emergency repair, and the minimization of machine downtime
This position is primarily concerned with repair, modification, and development assistance on each task assigned and performs other Maintenance functions as directed by the Maintenance Manager
· Complete assigned daily checklist.
· Complete all work orders assigned in a timely manner and inform manager of any problems or delays.
· Troubles shoot mechanical/electrical problems with equipment.
· Assist on other type work orders as directed by the manager.
· Work as instructed by maintenance manager to assist production in meeting their production standards and requirements.
· Assist on preventive maintenance plant wide as directed by the manager.
· Always ensure that equipment is operating correctly once the job is complete.
· Assist with continuous improvement efforts as directed by manager.
· Assist in other maintenance repairs.
· Turn all required reports in on time.
· Adhere to safety, EEOC and OSHA policies
· Maintain clean work area
· Must be detail oriented and well organized.
· Must have electrical, hydraulic and mechanical knowledge.
· Must have vast electro-mechanical experience.
· Must have own hand tools.
· Must be self-motivated.
· Must be able to change from one task to another frequently.
· Must be able to lift weights up to 50 pounds.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in an industrial production setting. Background experience in electrical controls, welding, fabrication, and hydraulics is important, with demonstrated experience in handling PLC's.
We offer a comprehensive benefits and compensation package. Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity e-mail their resume to: URL blocked - click to apply along with your salary history and or requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
Attention To Detail