To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2825 East Barnett Road
Medford, OR 97504
- Melika Casale
- Phone: email@example.com
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Payer Strategy and Contracting
Asante • Medford, OR
Posted 8 days ago
The Director of Payer Strategy and Contracting is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Asante's payer function, including the development and implementation of our payer strategy as well as overseeing, analyzing, monitoring and negotiating payer contracts. This position reports directly to the Chief Administrative and Finance Officer and is a key member of Asante leadership team. Ensures that negotiated contract terms meet the financial and strategic needs of Asante.
This position will play a critical role in the transition from a volume focused organization to a value focused organization, negotiating terms with payers that appropriately pace this transition. Position will work closely with Finance to ensure that payers are appropriately reimbursing Asante's for services performed. Will seek to develop contracts that position Asante to be successful, including improving Asante's financial performance, driving volume and membership to Asante, and creating contracts that incentivize improvement in the quality of the care we offer. In this role you will supervise Coordinator of Payer Contracts and administrative staff required by the function.
Compensation & Benefits
Targeted starting wage range: $XX.00 – XX.00
Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and wellness
Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
Generous time off package with 8 holidays
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a locally-managed, nationally recognized top 15 health system. We are located in beautiful Southern Oregon and are the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region. Our mission is simple: "Asante exists to provide quality healthcare services in a compassionate manner, valued by the communities we serve."
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Preferred: Master's degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the medical field of a progressively responsible nature, including management is required. This experience must also include payer contracting and contract negotiation experience.
- Five years in the insurance industry, with responsibility for negotiating contracts with healthcare providers, in a management role is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work with payers, Asante management, and other key constituents including physicians
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- A strong analytical mind with the ability to think strategically in a complex operating environment
- Aability to problem solve quickly while working independently and expeditiously to respond to issues and opportunities
- Strong negotiating and facilitation skills
- A presence of sophistication and maturity to develop trust and respect among key constituents
- The ability to build effective partnering relationships with payers.