To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3777 East Broadway Boulevard
Tucson, AZ 85716
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Financial Controller - Multi-Family Property Management
Ruiz Asset Management • Tucson, AZ
Posted 2 months ago
I. OVERALL PURPOSE
The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, which includes the production of periodic (monthly) financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America.
The controller position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the assistance in the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results
II. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Assist in the implementation of strategic business plans assist in the implementation and subsequent monitoring of those plans
- Collaborate in the development of financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Collaborate in the development of performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage the accounting department
- Manage outsourced functions, including the timely payroll processing and quarterly reporting.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary and related entities, especially their control systems, transaction‐processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable is paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
- Ensure that accounts receivable is collected promptly.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed accurately.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Coordinate the preparation of the combined corporate quarterly and annual reports
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management each period and year to date.
- Provide for a system of management reports based on pertinent operating drivers
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and tax return preparers for the annual audits and tax return preparation
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in‐depth relations with all members of the management team
- Provide assistance to human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary and related entities
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Assist Human Resource department in the oversight of employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost‐effective benefits package
- Issue timely and complete financial statements within 7 days of the applicable period end.
- Personally review and approve all reports provided to investor limited partners, lenders and other external parties
- Report monthly financial results to the company CFO and President
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct present for approval, implement and monitor reliable control systems
- Provide assistance in the maintenance of appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of partnership agreements, auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the CFO and president
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and assist in the implementation of recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Assist in the short term investing of working capital funds
- Assist in the Investment of escrowed reserve funds
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Collaborate in the maintenance of ongoing banking relationships
III. ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent knowledge of budgetary preparation and management.
- Working knowledge of all standard accounting operating procedures and principles.
- Strong working knowledge of Yardi Accounting Software.
- Knowledge of federal tax guidelines and tax laws.
- Knowledge of positive supervisory practices.
- Demonstrated skill in the preparation of quarterly reports.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Excellent ability to perform all accounting functions.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately attend to detail.
- Ability to train, Supervise, and evaluate the performance of subordinates.
- High degree of familiarity with and ability to use office machines.
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
We participate in the E-Verify program - www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
IV. EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to those with recent multi-family property management experience. Preference will also be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations and strong IT/Software background.