Middleware DevOps Engineer
Location: Newark, NJ
Duration: 6+ month contract to hire
Interview process: Phone and 2nd interview must be in-person
Req. # 19-00456
Contact: Brian Anderson
Email blocked - click to apply
The "Middleware – DevOps Engineer” is a dynamic and pivotal technology driven role and the successful candidate will serve as the organization wide subject matter expert for integration of Middleware technologies in our hybrid cloud platforms.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This is a hybrid L2/L3 role involving active participation with outsourced partners and several Middleware technologies. The Integration and middleware team is responsible for setting the engineering standards for Middleware technologies including specifying and maintaining hardened builds of each technology along with tracking software patching and maintaining technology lifecycles. This includes technology (software) configuration, operational and disaster recovery design and implementation, troubleshooting, performance optimization, creation of operational documents in coordination with the Development teams etc. The Integration and middleware team also has the ongoing responsibility to oversee the operations teams and to ensure that SLAs are followed, problems identified and resolved in a timely manner.
The prospect will have a successful track record in:
• Automated and Orchestrated Builds
• Workflow scheduling / automation and queue management to optimize what at many times is an over-subscribed set of services
• Configures and supports the development and maintenance of strategic solutions for efficient utilization, monitoring, planning, optimization and cost effective management of Enterprise Integration and Middleware computing assets.
• Research and identification of new technology candidates to enhance the existing software portfolio or to replace existing solutions where it makes sense from a technical and cost perspective
• Drive technical requirements back through the vendor, enterprise architecture and application development community to meet our business needs.
- Maintain and automate build and deployment processes
- Working knowledge of AWS Cloud based technologies and services
- Implementation experience with containerization, use of ECS, EKS is required.
- Expertise in with GIT / BitBucket and JIRA
- Hands-on experience with Groovy, YML, Ansible
- Expertise in scripting / automation skills - Shell, Perl, Jacl / Jython, Python required.
- Deliver reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams by deploying and maintaining Production, QA, and Development environments
- Troubleshooting build and compilation problems
- Documenting the build system
- Integrating the build system with automated test systems such as integration with Cucumber and Selinium
- Assist in the design and development of new processes, methodologies and tools.
- Requires Working knowledge of system development lifecycle methodologies
- Requires Working knowledge of change, release and configuration methodologies
- Working experience with DevOps practices in application technology including continuous Integration and delivery processes Using Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of Ansible and Puppet is required.
- Experience writing Unit-Tests for automation pipelines is a plus
- Provide key consulting services to application development initiatives through direct involvement in project planning to ensure timelines are met in budget, proper use of technology and best practices are followed
Code repositories: SVN and GIT
Automation of configuration management tasks, along with other tools/applications like JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins etc.
Application performance management: Tools such as Dynatrace is a plus.
Implementation requirements may result in extended hours and weekend work
Use Programming Language
Agile Software Development