For over 30 years, one Company has represented quality & leadership – Highland Homes – where building careers goes hand in hand with excellence in new home construction. Highland’s employee owners thrive in an atmosphere of appreciation & confidence, contributing their unique ideas to the Company’s overall success. Employee Owned. Customer Focused.
Highland Homes is currently accepting resumes for a Purchasing Assistant position. A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Business or other related field is preferred. This position will be responsible for assisting the Purchasing Department in all purchasing, budgeting, and options activities and the coordination of these processes with sales, operations, vendors, and accounting.
- Facilitate purchasing of non-inventory product
- Facilitate purchasing of raw materials
- Operate within local purchasing policies
- Send purchase orders to vendors
- Add new items to purchasing system
- Assist in developing profitable purchasing strategies
- Expediting of purchase orders under direction
- Track the status of all purchase orders
- Maintain address system in the purchasing system
- Administer purchasing processes to assure correct transactions
- Maintain proficiency in computerized purchasing/business systems;.
- Getting quotes, purchasing materials, billing
- Improve purchasing tools, processes and procedures
- Create purchase orders of corresponding vendors/suppliers
- Submit purchase orders and process merchandise returns
- Assist the purchasing team with diversified administrative tasks
- Transmit information to factories & purchasing services
- Entering sales/purchase orders in a timely manner
- Submit purchase orders to suppliers and transportation companies
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price