Madison Marquette, a national commercial real estate services firm, is looking for an Assistant General Manager for the Bayfair Center in San Leandro, California.
If you are looking for a career opportunity offering growth and advancement, then Madison Marquette is the right company for you. Madison Marquette is a growing company that can provide talented individuals with an opportunity to gain broad and deep experience in a variety of areas. In addition, Madison Marquette offers highly competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
The Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager manage assets for owners of commercial properties, maintains and enhances the value of industrial properties, or residential real estate properties by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the timely collection of rents and works directly with tenants in arrears to collect outstanding balances owed while keeping detailed and updated notes on progress in accounting software.
- Work with on-site management team to minimize expenditures, maximize revenues and adhere to budgeted cost parameters.
- Work with the Senior General Manager and Property Accountant on preparation of tenant CAM Reconciliations.
- Knowledgeable in A/R and A/P practices, policies and procedures and able to cultivate relationship with accounting departments.
- Monitors the on-site tenant improvement activities.
- Assists General Manager to interface with owner, leasing consultants, legal, outside audit services, tenants, architects, designers and various contractors.
- Assists General Manager to ensure an ongoing program of tenant services to maximize tenant retention and attract new lessees.
- Assists General Manager to oversee, administers leases and assures compliance with provisions; may interface directly with tenants of property.
- Assists General Manager to oversee construction work, including tenant and capital improvements and major repairs, through all phases of budget, design, construction administration and punch list.
- Recommends alteration to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of property, as specified in management services or lessee's agreement.
- Makes recommendations to owners regarding compliance with all safety rules and regulations (national, state and local levels).
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and consistently meet deadlines.
- Assists General Manager to review financial statements and reports on status of properties such as occupancy rates and dates of expiration of leases.
- Functions: Service quality standards, financial performance, accounting, tenant relations, community relations, operations, budget oversight, marketing/leasing, capital projects, promote quality standards, coordinate administrative and contract services.
- Adheres to Madison Marquette’s Standards and participates in necessary Standards training.
- Regular and predictable attendance at the Company’s place of business during scheduled work hours is an essential function of this job, unless otherwise required by federal, state or leave of absence laws.
- Some travel may be required.
- Provides ongoing or special financial reports and monthly reports to Madison Marquette management.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual property operating budgets and assists with the development of the annual business plan.
- Maintains on-site records relevant to activities at the properties.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities, in the absence of the General Manager, in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S) in a related discipline from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated management experience, mixed-use retail/office/residential property.
- Experience in oversight of construction work, including tenant and capital improvements and major repairs, through all phases of budget, design, construction administration and punch list.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients. Must be able to understand and communicate effectively in English to tenants, vendors, clients and employees who only speak English.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Proficient in use of personal computer and word processing software, including Microsoft Office (MS Word and Excel) and Real Estate accounting software.
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment such as telephone, computer, calculator, etc.
- Thorough understanding of commercial Leases.
- Must own/lease vehicle with valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Real Estate Broker’s License, preferred.
- Certified Property Manager designation and RPA designation from BOMA may be required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective leadership abilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk/hear and use hands to handle office equipment, paper reports, etc. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. May occasionally be required to lift up to 10 pounds a distance of 30 feet as needed. Must be able to move freely throughout the property, including moving up and down stairs. Must be able to sit for up to 50% of the work day. Employee may be required to drive an automobile and / or accomplish travel via other forms of transportation which may include travel by air.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily operates within a single office environment, but may also walk throughout the building sites and grounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Leasing (Contract Law)