An Investigator on the Fraud Investigation and Recovery team researches and examines fraud or abuse related to account holder information for our clients. In this role, primary responsibilities will include working and investigating card fraud cases, triaging cases, and identifying card fraud cases for investigatory follow-up. Work card fraud cases through the lifecycle of the case to maximize outcome for cardholder and client, including and not limited to intake of calls. This may involve direct communication with merchant and cardholder as part of the investigation and as such proper communication and demeanor skills are critical.
This position may either be Part-Time or Full-Time with evening and weekend hours.
- Works cases accurately, comprehensively, and timely to case completion
- Receives inbound calls from cardholders claiming unauthorized transactions
- Conducts outbound calls to merchants and/or cardholders to complete reasonable investigation within regulatory timeframes
- Assesses incoming card fraud cases to determine impact to client and cardholder, prioritizing those cases that have particular monetary or reputational impact, and taking action to ensure those cases are worked accurately, comprehensively, and timely so that no opportunities are missed
- Logs, investigates, updates, and maintain card cases accurately in case management platform.
- Processes account maintenance, including placing flags and holds on accounts and cards to minimize loss exposure to the client
- Takes action to ensure that regulatory (Reg E and Z and any other applicable Regulation) and compliance requirements are met with respect to the card case, and remediating immediately if they are not being met
- Performs investigations on card cases categorized as fraud, accessing necessary information and platforms to bring investigation to a resolution.
- Communicates with internal team members, members, and/or vendors via phone, email, and in-person to obtain additional investigation information working to maintain account holder privacy and data integrity while avoiding 3rd party disclosure.
- Performs/originates chargebacks on POS/ATM PIN cases to ensure recovery and minimize loss to clients according to the facts of the case.
- Works with merchants to ensure all recovery efforts are sustained for chargeback, merchant credit
- Maintains thorough and current knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local regulations (including but not limited to all FCRA requirements, FDIC Red Flag Guidelines) as well as internal policies and procedures and client’s requirements
- Makes sound decisions and takes appropriate actions in the best interest of our clients and/or customers
- Performs other job duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School or its equivalent education required
- Two (2) years’ prior relevant card and/or card fraud experience in bank operations environment, and related customer service experience preferred
- Prior experience with card case management software preferred
- Previous experience with First Data systems is a plus