To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlottesville, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Construction Project Controls Analysts/Project Records Managers
Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP • Charlottesville, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP (WRA) is a full-service, multi-disciplinary engineering, architectural, and planning firm that provides planning, design, and construction management services. With a professional staff of over 600, the firm's services are focused on the needs of governmental, educational, institutional, and private sector clients primarily in the Mid-Atlantic region. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Delaware, Maine, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia and Virginia, WRA is ranked 118 in the Top 500 Design Firms, and 158 of the Top 300 Architectural Firms by Engineering News Record. WRA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Discipline: Transportation (Highway, Bridge, and Maintenance)
Utilities (Water and Wastewater)
We are currently seeking qualified project controls analysts and project records managers for large construction projects related to transportation and utility construction projects in the Charlottesville/Warrenton, VA areas as well as the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Years of Experience – minimum of three (3) years of construction project controls/construction project management experience preferably on sizable complex construction projects at least $5 - 30 million.
Educational Requirements – Associates/Bachelors Degree (preferred) or eight (8) years equivalent work experience on construction projects utilizing project control software similar to Primavera P6 for CPM scheduling, project documentation management system experience.
- WRA is seeking project controls analysts and project records managers to manage construction documentation and document controls on complex construction projects. Must have excellent knowledge of industry standard construction management scheduling software (Primavera P6 preferred). Must have extensive knowledge and experience managing electronic (cloud-based) project documentation systems.
- State, Federal, or Local project experience is highly preferred. Must have experience working with Blue Book Rates, RS Means, and other industry cost data indices.
Essential Job Duties include:
- Establishing electronic filing system for correspondences, RFIs, submittals, logs, meeting minutes, payment requisitions, potential change orders (PCOs) and all other contractual documents.
- Coordinating electronic communications between owner, design consultants, construction consultants, contractors, and other external agencies.
- Reviewing/tracking all incoming correspondence for required action and ensuring that timely action is taken.
- Maintaining logs, including inspection/testing, change status, claims, submittals, construction budgets, etc.
- Reviewing/tracking status of submittals including RFIs with Construction Project managers and tracking design consultant reviews for time critical submittals.
- Reviewing contractor's Schedule of Values and Monthly Estimates.
- Reviewing/processing monthly contractor payment applications.
- Tracking/processing PCOs, Change Notices, Change Orders, etc., including distributing and tracking statuses of contractor proposals.
- Reviewing and preparing daily summaries of Inspectors Daily Reports.
- Coordinating contract close-out activities in accordance with the construction project record retention requirements.
- Tracking status of Certificates of Compliance, Warranties, and Guarantees.
- Maintaining project documentation logs and reports including inspection/testing, change order statuses, claims, submittals, receivables, etc.
- All other project control duties as required.
Additional Training or Certifications - excellent computer skills and knowledge of construction management software. Prior field construction office experience is required.