- Write clear, informative, streamlined JOAs for single and multi-grade or multi-location opportunity announcements;
- Post approved JOAs on USAJOBS and non-federal job boards (e.g., LinkedIn, Zip Recruiter);
- Deliver timely quality products to the quality review team for review of completed JOAs, and qualifications determinations and promptly correct any errors identified during the review process;
- Determine and verify minimum qualification requirements for all candidates and prepare referral lists for the selecting official(s) and managers;
- Prepare, deliver and discuss all qualified candidate lists with the quality review team for review and approval;
- Respond to all FEMA and applicant inquiries regarding recruitment and staffing activities as directed;
- Maintain and close-out case files in accordance with NARA and OPM's records retention requirements;
- Work closely with the Recruiting and Staffing Lead to ensure alignment between organizational planning, initiatives, and strategies are aligned to governmental goals;
- Apply knowledge of Federal regulations, laws, policies, and precedents, to advise managers and senior leaders on the most appropriate approach to attract, maintain, qualify and hire the required workforce;
- Evaluate new or modified legislation and regulations to determine the impact on short and long-term operational staffing and recruitment program initiatives, and
- Other relevant role specific duties assigned by the Program Manager, Recruitment and Staffing Lead or Senior Leadership of R3 Government Solutions.
This staffing specialist position has no management responsibilities. This position will contribute to the delivery of quality, timely products.
The Staffing Specialist serves in a professional, fast-paced environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment (e.g., computers, phones, photocopiers) and is required to have a firm understanding of the government systems and tools (e.g., Monster Government Solutions and HR Connect.).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are required during core hours Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Alternate work schedules are permitted. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
There is no travel anticipated for this role.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Four years of experience in a federal human resource environment
- Experience with Monster Government Solution, QuickHire or CareerConnector
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
The position requires the successful completion of a security screening and Public-Trust, Medium-Risk background investigation. An active Medium-Risk background investigation or higher is preferred.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member are responsible for carrying out this policy. Human Resources is responsible for the administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact R3 Human Resources Department at 703-348-7360.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.