Heart 'n Home Hospice & Palliative Care is looking for a Full-Time Spiritual Care Provider to work out of our Fruitland, ID office. Join the Heart ‘n Home lifestyle where you can set your own hours, be 100% trained in your position, and have a rewarding career full of electric experiences.
Heart 'n Home is an equal-opportunity employer and has been awarded Modern Healthcare's Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the Nation! If you want to affirm life . . . every day, every time, consider starting a career with Heart 'n Home! We believe our employees are our most valuable assets. Everything that Heart 'n Home is, or will be, is grounded upon our employees and their alignment with the Heart 'n Home Family Core Values.
- Spiritual Care Provider agrees to follow all the guidelines set forth by his/her profession and any licensing regulations or obligations he/she is currently under. They also agree to abide by all of Heart ‘n Home Hospice & Palliative Care, LLC Polices and Procedures.
- Consistently practices all elements of Perfect Visit in care of patients. Successfully passes initial and on-going competency in all aspects of Perfect Visit.
- Spiritual Care Provider agrees to seek knowledge and understanding of the Hospice philosophy and services to better serve hospice individuals.
- Use of the Person-Centered Spiritual Care model to develop patient plan of care aimed at managing patient’s spiritual pain.
- Use of the Spiritual Health assessment to develop patient plan of care aimed at managing patient’s spiritual pain.
- Spiritual Care Provider agrees to attend Interdisciplinary Team meetings and DSS meetings monthly, to report on those individuals that he/she is visiting, and to receive assignments from the Team on who may need visits.
- Spiritual Care Provider agrees to keep the Hospice notified of any changes in his/her availability to serve hospice patients. He/she will keep the DSS supervisor informed of their intent to be out town or unavailable for assignment.
- Spiritual Care Provider agrees to document visits in KanTime using the clinical SOAP model. Spiritual Care Provider also agrees to track his/her miles on the approved mileage form and/or in KanTime.
- Spiritual Care Provider agrees to attend 15 hours of in-service annually.
- Complete point-of-care charting and sync within 12 hours.
- Provide counseling in matters associated with spiritual pain, IE meaninglessness, relatedness, forgiveness, and hopelessness pain.
- Spiritual Care Provider agrees to all other tasks as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Responsible for reviewing all email correspondence and voicemail accounts. Respond to correspondence and messages when required.
- Assess the spiritual needs, including but not limited to, spiritual pain scale as developed by the Sacred Art of Living and Dying Center building of core conditions in the spiritual therapeutic relationship..
- Make routine visits to patient’s place of residence based on patient needs as assessed by the Spiritual Care Provider.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Spiritual Care Provider.
- Criminal history clearance.
- Preferred ordination or commission by a recognized faith group to function in ministry of Pastoral Care and or, endorsement by said faith group to provide spiritual care in a clinical setting.
- Have earned at least 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education or working towards citification with AAPC, APC, CPSP or 2500 hours of supervision with AAPC.
- Ability to manage a chaotic work environment related to changing patient needs, including work with patients with chronic and complex disease processes, and with death and dying.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and organizational requirements.
- Graduation from a School of Theology accredited by ATS/CHEA with a Master Degree in Theology, Spirituality or a related field. Some level of variance will be allowed for life, education, clinical, and or pastoral experience.
- Certified of in active process of certification with AAPC, APC, CPSP, or other certifying body approved by Heart ‘n Home
We offer excellent benefits to our employees with the idea of creating truly happy employees. Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance premiums paid. Generous Holidays and PTO. Employer matching 401(k).
Licensed Vocational Nurses