Senior Field Service Engineer
As a field service engineer based in the Jupiter, FL area you will be situated in close proximity to customer sites. This will allow you to travel daily to customer sites to install, repair, or perform maintenance on scientific instruments including Cryo-biological transmission electron microscopes and scanning electron microscopes. You will provide hands on technical support, routine maintenance, and troubleshooting to clients. The position requires a valid driver’s license, passport, and up to 30% overnight travel.
What you will do:
· Install new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications
· Independently diagnose and repair instruments within the territory
· Review reports and documentation from customers and inspect malfunctioning instrument to determine nature and scope of problem
· Communicate with clients, vendors, supervisors and any other persons or organizations with whom interaction is required to accomplish work
· Resolve problems with affected instrument or prepare a report of findings and recommendations.
· Refer complex problems and concerns to appropriate individuals
· Consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment in resolving problems
· Provide on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment
· Complete and submit field service reports and weekly expense reports
The ideal candidate will have:
· An Associate’s degree in an appropriate area of electronics, engineering or science; 3-5 years related experience; cryo-biological TEM experience is preferred
· Willingness to travel by car to customer sites to perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electron microscopes
· Excellent customer service skills
· Hands-on technical experience with installation and repair of equipment
· Knowledge of and ability to apply analog, digital, and RF electronics
· A basic understanding of troubleshooting techniques and approaches
· Ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess complex mechanical components
JEOL offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including a 401K plan with a match, company car, and opportunities to advance within the organization. If you have the desire to work in an industry where your work contributes to progress in science and society please apply online and complete an online application at www.jeolusa.com/careers or fax resume in confidence to Human Resources at Phone number blocked - click to apply.
To gain insight about what it’s like to work at JEOL please view our employee videos at http://www.jeolusa.com/ABOUT-US/Career-Opportunities/Working-at-JEOL
JEOL is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Complex Problem Solving
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)