To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shreveport, LA
- Laura Wilson
- Phone: 843-815-9111 ext 222
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Specialty Chemical Sales Rep
The River Group Inc. • Shreveport, LA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Specialty Chemical Sales Rep.
Location: Shreveport, LA
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Outstanding Benefits! Rich 401k, and more!
About our Client:
Our client is a full-line distributor and custom blender of industrial, water-treatment, and textile care products sold primarily in the southern United States.
· Participate with management in updating territory plan and set sales goals
· Determine sales potential for new and existing customers through inquiry, observation or periodical research
· Prepare and conduct sales presentations of products to new and existing customers
· Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products
· Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
· Increase business and account base by finding and qualifying new business accounts using sales techniques to cross sell and up-sell
· Maintain and improve customer relationships and satisfaction
· Learn and apply new product knowledge to enhance sales and personal professionalism
· Assist clients with special requests and problems (supply information, resolve complaints, etc.)
· Visit job sites as needed to measure or provide client services
· Gather competitive information and other market information regularly while interacting cooperatively with other members of the distribution team
· Negotiate and establish pricing and terms according to company’s requirements for customer and transaction profitability
· Prepare and present quotations
· Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products
· Assist in scheduled physical inventory counts
· Monitor customers’ current credit status
· Remain current with changes in local codes and consumer preferences
· Follow company policies and procedures
· Remain current on product and industry knowledge by attending sales meetings, vendor training, trade shows, or reading trade journals
· Practice honesty and integrity in customer and vendor relations
· Maintain technical and computer capability to effectively use contact management, distribution and office software
· Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
· Participate in trade association functions
A history as a contributor of major expansion of business within the field of Specialty Chemicals. The Outside Sales Representative will grow sales and increase company profits by cultivating current customers and recruiting new customers. The representative will increase profitability by promoting products, providing technical support and conducting training to new and repeat customers within an assigned territory. You will enhance your reputation as well as maintaining your employer’s reputation for both quality and value of a complete catalog of unique products within the regional market place.
- Bachelor’s degree – Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- Delivers superior customer service
- Effective listening, communication (verbal and written), and negotiating skills
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
- Experience monitoring marketplace to identify business opportunities
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Professional demeanor
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Technical expertise and knowledge of company products
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Able to perform business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc.)
- Superior organizational skills
- Superior presentation/public speaking skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and distribution software
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record