Shriners Hospitals for Children® is an EOE/Drug-Free, Smoke-Free Workplace
Exciting opportunity to join our world-renowned pediatric burn hospital with Harvard affiliation and pioneering research.
We are currently seeking qualified and talented candidates to join our team as the Regional Manager of Financial Services.
Supporting both the Boston and Springfield MA hospitals, the Regional Manager of Financial Services manages and coordinates the operations of the departments. In addition to the management responsibilities, other functions include preparation of financial data according to GAAP and established hospitals policies and procedures. The Boston hospital will be the base for the position; however, travel to the Springfield hospital is required.
Key Management Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the payroll /accounts payable processes
- Manages department staff; serves as back-up when necessary
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal laws, rules and regulations, as well as Shriners Hospitals policies and procedures
- Provides analytical and statistical support to the Senior Management Team , as well as the Home Office.
- Maximizes departmental functions through effective management of departmental and facility resources
- Hires, trains and conducts staff performance evaluations
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
- Ensures timely and accurate payments/reconciliations
- Oversees processing/tracking of hospital donations, as well as other account receivables
- Completes annual review of fixed assets, ensures inventories are accounted for in accordance with appropriate financial standards
- Reviews/edits payroll data; calculates retro payments to be entered into the payroll system.
- Verifies all status change information is entered correctly
- Ensures checks are prepared for distribution each pay day; responds timely to questions of payroll discrepancies
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Accounting or related field. Minimum Five (5) years plus experience in Finance, Accounting or Payroll. Intermediate skill with Microsoft Excel.
Prior Management/Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Kronos/Accero payroll system experience strongly preferred. Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a full-time, weekday position.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan with a match, subsidized public transportation, free vision, free gym and more!
Please submit your resume in a word document to URL blocked - click to apply