To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1355 Capital Boulevard
Reno, NV 89502
- Human Resources
- Phone: 775-834-8294
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Associate Systems Analyst
Truckee Meadows Water Authority • Reno, NV
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Associate Systems Analyst
Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA)
Associate Systems Analyst
Salary Range: $74,272 - $92,840 DOE
Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) is a not-for-profit, community-owned water utility, overseen by elected officials and citizen appointees from Reno, Sparks and Washoe County. TMWA has a highly skilled workforce who ensure the around-the-clock treatment, delivery and availability of high-quality drinking water for more than 385,000 residents of the Truckee Meadows.
We are looking to hire an Associate Systems Analyst to join our Business Information Systems team.
The Associate Systems Analyst responsible for installing, configuring, upgrading and maintaining information technology (IT) systems to ensure the efficient operations of TMWA systems. Assist other staff when deploying new software and upgrade installations. The Associate System Analyst will complete support tasks for hardware devices and software packages to include analyzing and resolving technical problems that arise in established systems, help with installation setups, and revise existing documentation guidelines. The incumbent will be responsible for removing security threats and malware from company systems, as well as trace network failures and research possible solutions. They will monitor and maintain company data backups and perform data recovery, assist in workstation life cycle rotations, monitor servers, work with other IT staff to minimize downtime, and prevent data corruption. They provide remote support and escalate issues to supervisors as needed.
Administer and maintain systems support for software, hardware and servers: test, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve all problems.
Regularly confer with IT staff and users regarding current and prospective system changes and future needs.
Configure and maintain Microsoft System Center and deployments.
Configure and maintain deployment server for imaging computers.
Participate in IT on-call rotation.
Assist IT staff with daily tasks.
Provide timely technical support for users and works with them to solve existing problems.
Configure, monitor and maintain updated virus and malware protection software.
Assist in developing documentation of business and user needs.
Participate in facilitating evaluations, installations, and training users on application software.
Provide networking support for firewalls, switches and routers.
Participate in testing, acceptance testing, and implementation of information systems modules and subsystems.
Provide ongoing support of the technical infrastructure including maintaining the stability and security of all production systems.
Analyze network infrastructure and system performance to provide recommendations for optimized or enhanced solutions.
Manage and maintain backups and test for data integrity.
Travel to other offices for systems installation, analysis, troubleshooting and support.
Provide IT Supervisor with detailed project plans for all proposed initiatives.
Design and maintain company wide Windows server based network including Active Directory.
Design and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
Maintain currency and technical competence with new software and hardware.
Research, evaluate, and test new leading technologies.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in the information technology field. Requires extensive experience in systems administration, networking, data center operations and computer operating systems. Knowledge of VMware technology is desired.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related field.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English
*Other combinations of education/experience may be considered
- Microsoft MTA certification
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to meet TMWA Department of Motor Vehicle report criteria
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient working knowledge of computer operating systems and computer peripheral interfaces
- Proficient working knowledge of computer-based server applications including, but not limited to electronic mail and instant messaging, relational databases, system monitoring, active directory domains, virtual machine infrastructure, reporting, Windows Deployment Toolkit, System Center Configuration Manager
- Proficient working knowledge of computer-based user applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office suite, CAD, GIS, asset management and customer billing systems
- Proficient working knowledge of data communication networking concepts and technology including routing, switching, firewall systems, storage concepts and ability to troubleshoot those technologies
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations as the relate to information technologies
- Proficient working knowledge of modern troubleshooting methodologies and techniques to effectively troubleshoot information system problems quickly and efficiently
Skilled in & Ability to:
- Interpret and analyze user information system requirements and review related information in order to develop solutions to complex problems
- Effectively manage and prioritize day-to-day tasks
- Design, develop & implement information system policies, procedures, and technologies that are intended to assure quality, reliability, and security of the utility’s system and critical data
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade of information system hardware, software, operating systems, and applications
- Maintain system documentation and diagrams describing the logical operations of applications and information systems
- Maintain documentation regarding hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing, and user access security
- Train end users to work with computer information systems
- Establish & maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Be punctual regarding work hours established by TMWA
- Be mentally and physically alert during working hours
TMWA is an equal employment opportunity employer who develops and maintains a work environment that values the dignity of each individual, utilizes human resources to their fullest potential and ensures a high quality workforce which reflects the diversity of the community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
All decisions affecting any terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, compensation, promotion, salary, disciplinary action and an employee's caregiving responsibilities, will be made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, membership in an employee association, or any other protected status or category.