Warehouse Team Lead (Supervisor Development Program)
Liberty Furniture Industries is looking for a Warehouse Team Lead that is highly motivated to learn our operation and build leadership skills to become a future Supervisor. This is position is critical to support Liberty’s long-term growth strategy. The timeline to earning a Supervisor position is based on your ability and effort to grow as a person and team member. Our rapidly growing warehouse operation in Atlanta is a 500K sq ft facility run by seventy highly dedicated associates. Our operation includes receiving, repair, assembly, shipping and inventory management processes. This position is responsible for working with and leading a team of associates that process warehouse tasks with a high level of safety and quality to meet our customer’s needs.
- Coordinate the completion of warehouse activities, provide direction to others.
- Complete activities including inventory movement, document validation, labeling and other tasks.
- Facilitate strong teamwork, collaboration and problem solving.
- Follow safety policies and procedures.
- Identify and eliminate safety hazards.
- Train new team members to complete tasks safely and with high quality.
- Provide feedback to Manager to support employee performance.
- Effectively organize process documents and complete system transactions to facilitate accurate inventory transactions.
- Safely operate forklift, dock levelers and other warehouse equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Effective English written and verbal communication skills.
- 3 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment (operations, manufacturing, retail, other).
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong appetite to learn new things and grow personally.
- High sense of urgency and customer service.
- Skilled with computer systems (WMS, ERP, SAP, business intelligence, MS Excel, other).
- Experience in warehouse operations preferred.
- Work in shipping/receiving department
- Meet shipping and receiving schedules
- Ensure shipping/receiving out bounds
- Complete shipping and receiving reports
- Oversee shipping and receiving functions
- Resolving customer shipping and receiving issues
- Coordinating the plant shipping/receiving operations
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports
- Manage accessory shipping, receiving, hazmat and container shipping
- Prepare shipping documents for shipments
- Supervise shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules
- Track shipping vendor performance and negotiate shipping rates
- Maintain accurate receiving, inventory and shipping records
- Assisting with daily shipping, receiving and inventory duties
- Requisition all packaging/shipping supplies
- Prepare shipping agenda and other records to determine shipping priorities work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping schedules
- Assist workers in shipping and receiving activities
- Lead receiving and shipping processes in training
- Maintain filing system for shipping/receiving documentation
- Load product onto trucks for shipping
- Problem Solving