- Manage the operation of the process units in a way that achieves an injury and incident free performance; is in full compliance with environmental standards and protects the health of the employees and community.
- Plan, budget, and manage plant operations to achieve on-time output to satisfy the S&OP within approved budget expenditures and the development and prioritization of tactical plans with Maintenance, Engineering, S&OP, and Commercial groups.
- Be the primary driver of Manufacturing Excellence and utilize to develop, plan and implement needed changes and improvements in organization, procedures, equipment, processes, and facilities to achieve manufacturing goals and continuous improvement.
- Ensure quality of product meets the needs of the customer and commercial base.
- Obtain effective employee relations and communications to ensure consistency and fairness throughout the operating units.
- Maintain manufacturing efficiency and reduce unnecessary costs by effectively reviewing and directing the activities of key subordinates in the areas of safety, production, product quality, planning and scheduling and maintenance.
- Select, train, and develop Production Leaders, Production Engineers and staff in order to maintain a workforce capable of operating the process that meets all customer needs and company goals to ensure the long-term competitiveness of the business.
KEY FUNCTION: Integral part of the Site Leadership Team and is the focal point for determining the required production and volume targets based on sales forecast, equipment limitations, inventory space, required maintenance and inspection activities and operating budget. Proposes and ensures implementation of improvements to minimize the production costs while attaining production goals to meet customer’s needs in accordance with all Safety and Environmental requirements. Motivate workforce through visibility and direct contact to ensure maximum safety and productivity while fostering an environment that develops, trains and coaches Production Engineers and staff for future needs within the organization.
- Operations management experience required in a Manufacturing or Chemical Plant environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and cultural change agent. Continuously contribute and improve overall Plant’s performance (effectiveness and efficiency) through KPI’s and effective coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Strong PSM experience.
- Position requires individual with strong communication skills in order to effectively provide team briefings, conduct meetings, write reports and exchanging information with all levels of the organization.
- Individuals must have in-depth knowledge plant equipment function, maintenance technology as well as an appreciation of engineering issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating and technical disciplines such as Process Safety Management and technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects.
NOTE: We have opportunities similar to this one with a number of Fortune 500 clients in the chemical, refining and pharmaceutical sectors. They/We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you.
We DO NOT contact our client companies on your behalf without your approval.
CAVEATS: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating chemical, refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.