The Cato Distribution Center is seeking a dependable and efficient CDL Truck Driver.
· Fully understands how to operate and safely drive assigned vehicle
· Drives vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs
· Ensures contents are properly secured in a truck/flatbed to prevent damage/injury
· Communicates with dispatch as required
· Confirms that the contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
· Performs inspections of vehicles prior to and following each trip
· Always ensures vehicle is kept clean
· Notifies managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
· Maintains detailed driving and delivery logs
· Adheres to company rules and regulations
· Obeys all applicable traffic laws and drives according to the weather/road conditions
· Complies with ICC and DOT regulations
· Makes safety a priority at all times
CDL Truck driver requirements and qualifications include:
· High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
· Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) required
· 2+ years proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred
· Clean driving record with no moving violations
· Must pass a background check and drug test
· Skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles
· Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
· Physically and mentally fit
· Ability to left up to 50 lbs. at a time
· Able to operate an electric lift, hard trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
· An innate sense of direction
· Self-starter who works well independently
· Disciplined, dependable and resourceful
· High level of composure and good stress management
Our facility is air conditioned and heated with a parking garage. Cato offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and eye insurance package, 401K retirement plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Employee Stock, Ownership program and more!
Apply, Monday – Friday 8:00am – 3:00pm, only at the Cato Corporation’s Distribution Center at Gate 4. We are located at 8100 Denmark road. No phone calls will be accepted. EOE/Drug Testing.