The primary focus of this position will be to serve as the junior application engineer for the company’s Collaboration Services. As junior application engineer, this individual will be responsible for the integration, installation, testing and configuration for one or more Collaboration Service applications. These solutions are currently hosted using a blend of industry leading products, applications and technologies from Microsoft, MobileIron, OpenText, Symantec, Citrix, CA, Dell, Apple, Google and several others.
In addition, this position will contribute to new solution commissioning efforts and documenting requirements and technical application performance reviews. This position will author organization-wide standards, procedures and processes.
As junior application engineer, this individual will perform system maintenance, upgrades and serve as the escalation point for incident management, problem management and request fulfillment activities for the Operations division within IT Services. This position is technical in nature and requires regular off-shift, on-call and weekend work.
1. Responsible for the installation, configuration and production turnover of the company Collaboration Service applications.
2. Providing junior engineering support for industry best of breed applications for messaging, collaboration, mobility and related security functions.
3. Provide escalation support for the Change, Release, Incident, Request and Configuration Management processes for company’s Collaboration Services technologies and services.
Required Skills and Competencies
1. Product Lifecycle Management
o Work closely with Production Engineering to maintain a product roadmap aligned with the business needs of company’s Data and Technology Services.
o Perform application reviews with Operations peer contacts for evergreen efforts and product changes or releases.
o Research and maintain a current understanding of available and evolving Collaboration Service technology trends.
2. Project Execution and Service Design
o Perform project initiation activities including general requirements gathering and documentation, contributing in project status meetings and estimation activities with the company Estimation team.
o Identify and communicate project complications or roadblocks in a manner to reduce delays to original project timelines.
o Create basic High Level & Low Level designs documents using Microsoft Visio.
o Develop strong relationships with internal Data & Technology Services teams.
3. Tactical Operational Support & Technical Planning
o Familiarity with the engineering lifecycle for Collaboration Service applications including capacity planning, disaster recovery, backup & restore, and other related technical requirements in one or more of the below product areas.
o Good understanding and beginner experience with the installation and configuration for one or more of the below product areas.
o Product Areas:
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2
• Microsoft Windows Active Directory and Domain Management
• Microsoft DNS and DHCP Services
• Microsoft Exchange & Exchange Online (Office365)
• OpenText RightFax
• Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business
• Lotus Notes and SameTime
• Microsoft SharePoint & SharePoint Online (Office365)
• SharePoint Third Party Web Parts (Nintex, Bamboo, K2)
• Microsoft Office Online Server 2013 or 2016
• Microsoft OneDrive for Business or Yammer (Office365)
• AvePoint DocAve
• Windows IIS Server
• Lotus Domino
• MobileIron Core and Sentry
• Exchange ActiveSync
• Office365 InTune
• iOS, Android & Windows Phone Operating Systems and Devices
• Third Party Business Productivity Apps
§ Security and Archiving
• CA Data Protection
• Global Relay
• Exchange Archiving
• Symantec Enterprise Vault
o Collaborate and partner with peer teams to identify risk and security gaps and concerns and develop remediation plans.
o Provide excellent customer service, oral and written communication within a business and technical context.
o Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills.
o Ability to plan, organize, troubleshoot and execute with strong problem solving skills.
o Ability to cooperate with other related work teams across geographically dispersed locations.
4. Relationship and Vendor Management
o Establish relationships with vendor and partner contacts to allow for knowledge transfer and support for company Collaboration Service applications.
o Communicate and collaborate with the company IT vendor relationship management team and with the key suppliers.
1. Technical Engineering
o Knowledge of DMZ security technologies is highly desired.
o Knowledge of Video, Voice and Web Conferencing solutions.
o Basic understanding of PowerShell automation and scripting.
o Knowledge of mobile messaging anti-virus/anti-spam solutions.
o Knowledge of cellular and wireless LAN networks.
o Familiarity with ITIL based Incident, Change, Release, Problem and Configuration Management processes.
1. Associates or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent education and related training.
2. Educational experience with distributed systems in Information Technology.
3. Plan to work on a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification.
4. A basic understanding of applied enterprise-computing technologies and SDLC lifecycle processes.
5. Knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server systems, problem analysis, and systems tuning. Familiar with network interfaces and technologies.
6. Very good verbal and written communications skills with ability to present technology requests and designs to associates and management.
7. Ability to travel as needed throughout the Carolina’s with occasional travel through the East Coast and continental United States.
8. Ability to work nights and weekends as needed or as planned for project and service rollouts and migrations.