To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
253 West 35th Street
Garden City, NY 10001
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Traffic Supervisor -- Garden City, NY
The Naik Group • Garden City, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Naik Group is looking for a Traffic Supervisor that will be tasked with day-to-day oversight of the traffic plan to limit traffic disruptions to the surrounding area and assist the Environmental Monitor in verifying the Project's compliance to traffic safety measures as set in the Contract and detailed in the MPT plan.
Duties also include:
- Oversight of the installation of signage, verifying compliance with the New York State Department of Transportation Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Ensure that the traffic control installation is done in accordance to any commitments to municipalities or other stakeholders
- Protect activity requires closing lanes of traffic
- Complete a daily report on the traffic control employed by the Contractor verifying conformance to the NYS Manual Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Ensure compliance with all permit conditions issued for the Project
- Assist in the preparation of monthly inspections and reports for submital
- The Traffic Control Supervisor will have stop-work authority
The applicants should have the knowledge, experience, and skills needed to review project plans and specifications, and interpret specifications and drawings to convey interpretations to contractors
The applicant should also:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in monitoring of NYSDOT highway construction projects
- Detailed working knowledge of NYSDOT Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devises
- Knowledge of civil and electrical construction
- Knowledge of specification and contract enforcement, applicable technical standards, and OSHA and other regulatory statues
- Knowledge of trade agreements, procedures, techniques, work methods and standards
- NICET III Certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good Computer skills
- Must have a valid driver's license