OVERVIEW: This position is responsible for leading engineering and maintenance activities and developing & executing capital projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly manage the maintenance team, ensuring effective preventive and predictive maintenance programs and associated records are established and maintained via the CMMS.
- Ensure compliance, as applicable, to Process Safety Management principles and requirements.
- Ensure an effective critical spares program is established, maintained, and continually reviewed for adequacy.
- Identify and implement targeted capital improvement projects, including the refinement of project scopes, cost estimates, schedules, CAPEX requests and contractor bid packages; ensure projects are executed and managed to achieve budget, schedule, safety, regulatory and operational objectives.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process improvement and optimization initiatives.
- Coordinate updates to PFDs, P&IDs, process descriptions, procedures, work instructions, and other documentation as necessary to reflect modifications to equipment, piping, processes, and facilities. Develop new PFDs and P&IDs as required.
- Perform engineering calculations as required, including but not limited to, material and energy balances, pump and line sizing, heat transfer calculations, relief valve sizing, etc.
- Actively lead the start-up / commissioning of select engineering projects, plant modifications, and new installations. Conduct operator training on new or modified equipment, processes, procedures, and installations.
- Provide back-up and support to the manufacturing management team as necessary.
Process/Production (Plant Engineer) with experience supporting operations with a good understanding of processing equipment (pumps, compressors, hydraulic systems, valves, etc.) in a chemical plant. Experience in an OSHA 1910.119 PSM regulated process is a plus.
- Solid electro-mechanical background, including hands-on experience with the operation and maintenance of pumps, compressors, hydraulic systems, valves, etc.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, MS Project, process simulation software, AutoCAD and controls automation software.
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective management and leadership skills; ability to mentor and coach staff.
- Experienced in developing project scopes and executing capital projects.
NOTE: We have opportunities similar to this one with a number of Fortune 500 clients in the chemical, refining and pharmaceutical sectors. They/We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you.
We DO NOT contact our client companies on your behalf without your approval.
CAVEATS: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating chemical, refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.