Assisting with the management of a centralized payroll-processing unit utilizing a complex payroll system.
Assisting with the development of various HR payroll processes (e.g., remuneration/tax/insurance calculations, benefits administration, workflow, etc.) that meet the future needs of the County using knowledge of the business process and the related platform functionality to be implemented.
Assisting with the development of a fully automated payroll that is compliant and meets the laws of Federal, State, and Local. The individual in this position will interpret Harris County Personnel Regulations and other payroll laws and rules and ensure compliance.
Working with the ERP implementation project team to deliver a successful project within the defined scope and deliverables on time and on budget according to the project plan.
In addition to being hands-on, the successful candidate will be knowledgeable of federal and state regulations, including wage and hour, tax, garnishment and reporting laws to ensure the company is compliant with federal and state agencies.
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited university. Bachelors in Finance or Accounting preferred. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or equivalent also preferred. Knowledge of PeopleSoft Human Capital Management, 3rd Party Time & Attendance systems, and vendor management a plus.
Required experience includes:
In addition to the above, a well-qualified candidate must also have:
- Demonstrated ability to perform under and meet deadlines while managing multiple projects and requests
Proficiency in the use of MSOffice (with an emphasis on Excel)
- Strong communication skills, including written and oral communication skills
Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with both individuals as well as large groups
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels both within the Auditor’s Office and the County
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, as well as to get results through collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Good analytical and process diagnostic skills and ability to get into the details, while also seeing and
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. We do not provide visa sponsorship.
Physical requirements for the position are the ability to sit for extended periods and the ability to push/pull, lift and carry up to 40 lbs.