Greater Elgin Family Care Center (GEFCC) is a multi-site federally qualified health center providing comprehensive medical, dental and behavioral health services within the Chicagoland area. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable health care for all including those without the ability to pay. We currently have health centers in Elgin, Wheeling, Hanover Park, Streamwood, Sycamore, DeKalb and McHenry. We are financially and programmatically stable and are continuing to grow. We are Joint Commission Accredited and are PCMH Certified. For more information, I encourage to visit our website, http://www.URL blocked - click to apply.org.
This is a great job opportunity for a Medical Billing Specialist who is either experienced or is looking to get into the medical field. In this position, you’ll be able to contribute to your community and make an impact in a patient’s life. If this is you, keep on reading.
This position is responsible for electronically billing all third-party patient claims, including processing rejections, posting insurance payments, performing monthly patient statement billing and itemized billings as requested.
How You'll Help Patients
· Timely and accurate data entry of payments received from third party payers.
· Timely processing of all rejected and denied claims submitted to third party payers.
· Claim Adjudication
· Ability to work with EOB or EOP
· CPT AND ICD 10
· Reconciles daily cash receipts from insurance carriers with database and submit to supervisor every night.
· Enters pertinent patient information in the Health Center database completely and accurately.
· Assists finance department with clerical support.
· Uses problem solving skills to follow up on commercial insurance, Medicare and Medicaid denials.
· Answers phones when necessary.
· Reports to all scheduled work sites and shifts on time and fully prepared to engage in all job responsibilities; location of work sites and shifts will change at the discretion of the supervisor.
· Engages in all offered training, consultations and supervisions made available. Fully and professionally respond to and implement directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Perks Just For You:
· Paid Training
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
· Paid-Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holidays)
What You'll Need
· High School or G.E.D. diploma/transcripts is required.
· Certified Professional Coder (CPC-A or CPC) is preferred.
· One-year of billing experience is required
· Customer service orientation.
· Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
Explanation Of Benefits (Eob)