This career involves working outdoors and providing customer service to deliver and install concrete burial vaults and prepare them for graveside committal services. Professional conduct and appearance are important to our customers and the families they serve more than any other position in the company. The families we serve have just experienced the significant and stressful loss of a loved one. Our role is to make their burial experience respectful, dignified, and flawless thus allowing them to move forward and grieve. Our company operates 7 days a week to provide service to our customers during difficult times so overtime is available including some evenings, weekends and holidays. No experience required - willing to train. If you are an energetic, responsible, hard-working and can be flexible with your work schedule then this is a great career opportunity for you.
Essential Job Functions
- Closing and lowering vault after service. (In some instances, this task may include assisting the gravedigger in closing the grave by shoveling dirt.)
- Prep concrete burial vaults as ordered
- Load, transport and unload burial vaults in the company vehicle
- Installing vault into the grave
- Assembly and disassembly of graveside tents
- Preparation for graveside service (placing folding chairs/chair covers / artificial grass)
- Keep daily reports including pre-trip and post-trip logs
- Maintain a maintenance schedule on the vehicle and all equipment Maintain a clean and organized delivery truck, warehouse and shop
- Responsible for all work functions to be performed timely, correctly, and in a safe manner
- Provide a safe, clean, respectful and dignified burial presentation for the family and guests at the grave site.
- Communicate all service related exceptions and issues with the plant manager immediately.
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of backhoe preferred but will consider someone who is willing and capable of learning to operate
- Must be willing to obtain CDL license in the near future
- Be self-motivated and self-monitored with little supervision needed
- Maintain a clean and respectful personal appearance, wearing a clean uniform when required
- This position will require working weekends, as needed
- Just pass a drug screen and background/MVR check
- Just be a team player Customer service oriented
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented Full body movement, use of all senses, able to lift a minimum of 80 lbs.
- The job will be working outdoors and being exposed to all types of weather conditions
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated