To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1900 Hospital Boulevard
Gainesville, TX 76240
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
RN -- Labor and Delivery
North Texas Medical Center • Gainesville, TX
Posted 24 days ago
Job Summary: Provides direct patient care in the Labor and Delivery setting. Provides assessment and planning for individualized patient care. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient’s clinical condition including: fetal monitoring and results of diagnostic studies. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Performs general nursing duties in all Maternal Child Health departments with adequate supervision. Participates in performance improvement activities.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Able to assess neonate at delivery and perform neonatal resuscitation according to AHA/AAP guidelines.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the 5 medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Ability to assess neonate at delivery and perform neonatal resuscitation.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on infants and adult females and reassessments as per policy.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
- Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care, revise plan as indicated by the patient's response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fetal monitoring. Identifies FHR patterns and treats appropriately.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to charge nurse, coworkers, and physicians.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care, as necessary.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures in Labor and Delivery, Postpartum ad Newborn Nursery.
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse Licensure
- Successful completion of Neonatal Resuscitation Certification
- Successful completion of BLC certification
- Successful completion of ACLS certification
- Successful completion of Fetal Monitoring Course
- Successful completion of S.T.A.B.L.E certification