Do you have 4 – 6 years of experience working as an Associate General Counsel for a law firm or company?
Does the idea of working for an entrepreneurial, growing, but well established firm, where you will have visibility and can make an impact, excite you?
My client, Herbert J. Sims (“Sims”), an investment banking firm, is conducting a search for an Associate General Counsel. This position is based in our Fairfield, Connecticut office and reports to the General Counsel.
Herbert J. Sims was founded in 1935 on Wall Street. Sims is a privately held investment bank and wealth management firm with $2.2 billion of assets under management. Sims is known as one of the country’s oldest underwriters of tax-exempt and taxable bonds, having raised $25+ billion for projects throughout the United States. More recently, the firm has originated and sold over $750+ million in Private Placements, the proceeds of which have been used to invest in various senior housing communities. The firm is headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut, with nationwide investment banking, private client wealth management and trading locations. Visit URL blocked - click to apply.
Currently, the legal staff at Sims includes Jeffrey Sands, General Counsel who is also a Managing Principal of the firm. Mr. Sands has been with Sims for 21 years. Prior to joining Sims, Mr. Sands was a partner at Wiggin & Dana in New Haven, CT. In addition, Courtney Hurczyn serves as a part time Associate Counsel. Ms. Hurczyn has been with Sims for 7 years and works primarily on the banking side of the business preparing Securities Offering Documents, loan and other lending agreements and handling other securities matters.
The Associate Counsel responsibilities include:
● Advises internal staff and interacts with external parties on behalf of the organization regarding a diverse range of legal and commercial issues that will include compliance, regulatory matters, human resources, litigation and dispute management, privacy, intellectual property, technology, employment, investigations, governance, policies, corporate or other areas.
● Coordinates with outside counsel when necessary.
● Drafts, reviews, analyzes and negotiates a variety of commercial agreements that may include vendor, sales and services contracts, collaboration agreements, investment contracts, non-disclosure agreements, release and settlement agreements, licensing agreements, corporate leases, independent contractor agreements, and employment agreements.
● May assists in the drafting and reviewing of Private Placement Memorandum and related documents.
● May assist in work out activities related to public and private offerings.
● Takes initiative to resolve complaints and disputes with customers, clients, and partners or other parties to mitigate potential for litigation. This may also include working across the organization with other departments to facilitate the accumulation of needed historical information in support of complaints or disputes.
● Works collaboratively across the organization and manages outside counsel on various legal issues; providing direction, discussing strategy, reviewing work product and managing fees.
● Active member of internal project working groups and may serve as lead on projects from time to time.
Medical and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401(k)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
HJ Sims is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Resumes should be emailed to: URL blocked - click to apply; 860-267-2690