To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Spartanburg, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TRS Staffing Solutions • Spartanburg, SC
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Industry: automotive parts manufacturing (metal cutting, robotic welding)
Status of hire: full-time, direct hire, salaried, exempt
Salary: $70-82k base (depending on experience)
Essential Job Duties:
Support Production, Quality and Engineering as a provider of resources and reduce scrap / rework and defects internally.
· Be the Customer advocate, work with the customer locations to understand how our product is used in the customer environment, identify assembly issues and drive resolution.
· Reduce and prevent defects from reaching customer using AIAG and TS 16949 guidelines
· Train associates, engineers and management in core quality tools including the 8 Quality Basics.
· Audit plant floor and weld cells for issues and risks of defects.
· Review Work Instructions and work with Manufacturing Engineering to update to include in process inspections, 1st off checks and end of line inspections.
· Review gauge instructions to assure accuracy and perform Gauge R&R studies
· Track, Document, analyze customer issues and returns.
· Participate in Plant Level Program Management initiatives and assure APQP deliverables are completed in line with program timing.
· Support Metrology Lab by conducting CMM Programming & Layout.
· Access Root Cause and implement corrective actions of defects.(QPS & 8D)
· Create and update gauge instructions, train as needed Gage Control.
· Coach/ Mentor team members in Problem Solving activities.
· Schedule and assure proper layouts (CMM) of parts for PPAP, Customer and supplier, review and update as needed.
· Coordinate product certification via PPAP with the Customer
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Quality or closely related field.
· Minimum 3-5 years’ automotive experience in automotive manufacturing.
· Experience in GD&T, CMM Programming, Tier 1 Automotive Product Launch, Supplier Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Supervisory Experience and Gage Control.
· Program management and quality knowledge.
· Ability to travel domestically by car or plane.
· Prior training in PPAP Training, APQP Training (Control Plan / FMEA), GD&T Training / Blueprint reading, SPC Training and Audit Training (TS16949, internal audits, etc.)
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
**Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely, regardless of visa transfer or sponsorship.
**Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
**Local candidates will be given priority consideration.