Our client is looking to add a Verification of Benefits Specialist to their team. The primary responsibilities are to verify insurance coverage for both new and existing patients in order to process patient medication in a timely manner while demonstrating excellent customer service to patients, healthcare professionals and insurance carriers. This role will require an understanding of insurance carriers and concepts including drug cards, major medical benefits, and per diem coverage as well as knowledge of government and patient assistance programs.
We are seeking employees who have experience working with payers/insurance companies to secure coverage and benefits for specialty therapies. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and third party vendors a plus. Qualified candidates will also need to portray strong attention to detail and proven analytic and problem solving skills.
· Verify Benefits and Insurance Policies
· Ability to read and comprehend EOB (Explanation of Benefits) and Insurance to verify coverage
· Explain benefit options to patients
· Authorize medication that is covered by provider
· Call Insurance Providers to verify coverage, including BCBS, Aetna, United Healthcare, Labor Fund, 3rd parties, etc.
· 2+ years of experience with medical insurance, benefits verification, medical billing or a related field.
· 2+ years of experience in a Windows based computer utilizing Microsoft Offices.
· Knowledge of government and patient assistance programs
· Excellent customer service skills
· Attention to detail
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience working with medical billing procedure
· Previous experience working with Prior Authorizations / Verification of Benefits
· Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and third party vendors
Human Resources Information System (Hris)