To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
8500 West Bay Road
Baytown, TX 77523
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Designer PCT
Covestro • Baytown, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
WHAT WE OFFER
The primary responsibility of the Lead Designer is to provide I&E (instrumentation and electrical) / PCT (process control technology) design leadership support for the preparation and execution of I&E / PCT portions of projects and maintenance jobs for chemical manufacturing facilities.
Additionally they lead the I&E / PCT design effort on several small to medium projects and are responsible for meeting the specific project requirements and assuring safety, technical correctness of design, compliance to project budget and project schedules.
•Execute projects of medium complexity (small or medium size projects)
•Support planning of all phases of capital projects and maintenance expense work necessary to support plant operations
•Support estimating, basic design, detailed design, and construction and start-up and as-built of new or modified production facilities
•Follow all Covestro and I&E / PCT aspects of engineering design to ensure all design job objectives including safety, budget, constructability, schedule, maintainability, and operability are met
•Verify, update, and develop documentation for I&E / PCT (Design Packages, CAD or Mechanically Produce Drawings, Field Verification, Inspection and Sketches)
•Oversight responsibility with regard to ESP and EPC firms
•Assure quality of design through review of design documents and checking reviews for all I&E / PCT design jobs executed
•Support As-Built and documentation update efforts to ensure correctness of design deliverables and maintenance documentation
•Assist BU PCT Asset engineers in small project execution and maintaining PCT assets within individual BU’s
•Support change and claim management process
•Prepare I&E / PCT drawings and other documentation; assist in prioritizing and compiling approval/construction packages
•Support generation of hardware and software documentation required to install and maintain the I&E / PCT equipment
•Involvement in proactive safety walk-throughs
•Interface with other engineering disciplines/departments design groups, production/maintenance groups and vendors/suppliers, design offices at engineering service providers to ensure successful development and execution of design
•Training / Mentoring entry level designers and engineers
•Consult on existing or creation of new I&E / PCT procedures, standards and practices to stay current with design and implement improved methods
WHAT YOU OFFER
- High school diploma/G.E.D with additional specialized/technical training or some college courses and 10 years’ experience required or Associate Degree and 8 years’ experience
- Four years minimum experience in chemical, industrial or pharmaceutical facilities in I&E / PCT design or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of national and international standards in the area of process control, low voltage electrical, and instrumentation, including NEC and ISA standards
- Demonstrated experience in providing field support and participating in check out, commissioning, and start-up of I&E / PCT installations
- Experience with MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Demonstrated experience working as a member of cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of process control and safety system and PCT / I&E design documentation, QA/QC, etc.
- Experience with Microstation and Smart Plant Instrumentation
- Experience participating in multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated effective organizational and interpersonal skills working with people at different levels of management, engineering and design, and with internal customers (e.g. engineering, maintenance, operations) and suppliers of PCT material and services
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written skills needed to communicate with and obtain cooperation from team members involved with engineering, design, check out, commissioning and start-up.
- Demonstrated ability to write comprehensive technical and scope documents required for project execution
- Ability to work hours as assignment dictates
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Desire to grow in technical experience and knowledge, e.g. pursue education, training and certification programs
- Willing to pursue advanced education, other certifications, and training when job assignment dictates
Are you curious, courageous and colorful as we are? If so, we can offer you exciting career opportunities. We look forward to receiving your application including a cover letter, your resume, certificates as well as your salary expectations and your notice period. Become part of our Team - apply now!
Contact UsInfo-Hotline: +1 844-522-6775