To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2900 Industrial Parkway
Elkhart, IN 46516
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Dexter Axle Company • Elkhart, IN
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Dexter, the premier supplier and manufacturer of axles, doors, venting products and related components in the utility trailer, boat trailer, recreational vehicle, heavy duty and manufactured housing markets, has an opportunity for an Application Specialist at our company headquarters in Elkhart, Indiana - conveniently located near Bristol, IN, Mishawaka, IN, Goshen, IN, Middlebury, IN, South Bend, IN, White Pigeon, MI, Three Rivers, MI, Cassopolis, MI, Dowagiac, MI, and Niles, MI.
Application Specialist develops, creates, modifies, tests, and implements local or company wide applications or specialized utility programs to optimize efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs, tests, implements and modifies web-based applications or object oriented software solutions.
- Generates complex reports to help in managerial decision making.
- Creates and maintains databases for applications.
- Streamlines business processes to make them efficient using technology.
- Documents user guidelines or procedures and makes them available for users.
- Delivers support to existing users and investigates and resolves application errors, data discrepancies and queries.
- Provides training and/or support to end-users on new or existing systems.
- Performs routine troubleshooting of existing software applications.
- Participates in requirement/implementation meetings with internal clients to understand the business requirements.
- Manages projects and keeps up-to-date with current technology.
- Assists in the formulation of procedures and best practices for users of applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position requires Bachelor Degree in Management Information Services or comparable discipline and at least 1 year related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional requirements include:
- Experience designing, developing and supporting solutions using .Net principles in a SQL database environment. Experience with SQL version 2008 or higher preferred.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to listen to and train end users.
- Analytical – must be able to discuss solutions with users in meetings.
Dexter has been a leading manufacturer of trailer axles, brakes and actuation, along with entrance door and venting products for over 50 years serving the utility trailer, recreational vehicle, heavy duty, manufactured housing, agricultural, marine, and specialty markets. Dexter is headquartered in Elkhart, Indiana employing over 2,800 people and operating 18 manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and Canada (Indiana, Georgia, Oklahoma, California, Tennessee, Texas, Florida, Utah, Ontario, and Alberta).
Dexter has achieved its many years of success through a commitment to the principles of superior quality, continuous improvement, and unparalleled customer service. Dexter is a wholly owned subsidiary of DexKo Global, Inc.
For more information about our company, access Dexter's web site at www.dexteraxle.com.
Dexter offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Dexter’s benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, FSA, HSA, and 401(k) Plan with company contributions.