Provides clerical support for department’s supervisor. This position is responsible, with minimum supervision, to perform a variety of clerical duties that are related to the work of the supervisor, requiring knowledge of office routine and procedures. This individual will also interact with management on a day-to-day basis, handling confidential documents and materials. Will be required to take on special projects and provide technical support to other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent required with 1 to 3 years clerical experience. Degree or certification from an accredited or relevant certified training program. Advanced degrees preferred. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Suite of applications is required.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
• Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
• Conducts research, prepares statistical reports, handles information requests, and performs clerical functions such as maintaining required documentation, sorting/distributing mail, preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. May make travel arrangements as necessary.
• Ensures timely submission, logging and tracking of all Center contract deliverables, requests, reports and correspondence. Drafts, writes and proofs correspondence. Responsible for the quality of internal/external communications with the Corporate Office, Department of Labor and outside organizations.
• Maintains Job Corps/Company systems and libraries which may include CIS, OA, CTS, CSSR, SMR, ABRA, MAS200, FMS, eRequester, School Dude, PRH, JC Program Instructions, JC Information Notices, Regional directives and SOPs.
• Ensures that area is organized, clean, safe and conducive to student/staff success
• Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
• Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
• Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
• Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
• Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
• Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
• Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
• Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
• Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
• Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)