Terre Haute Chevrolet, a division of Romain Automotive Group and an operating unit with United Companies, is hiring a Sales Manager for our Sales team. This full-time salaried and exempt position is responsible for directing and managing the Sales department’s efforts to ensure the dealership meets or exceeds its new car sale unit, gross profit, and other key performance measurement objectives on a daily, monthly, and annual basis. Meets objectives through management strategies that include planning, organizing, coordinating, staffing, training, coaching, and measuring the activities of team members. The Sales Manager directly manages, a team of direct reports who are primarily in Sales Consultant roles.
Job Responsibilities Include:
· Regularly ensures the department and individual team members meet or exceed metrics related to units sold, gross profit, and other key performance metrics.
· Ensures 100% compliance with the Romain Selling Process, logging of all daily traffic into our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, and turnover to the Sales desk.
· Conducts and documents daily activity through one-on-one sessions with each Sales Consultant.
· Monitors Sales Consultants for follow-up with prospective customers and with sold customers.
· Through close management and monitoring, ensures that each Sales Consultant has at least one verifiable appointment each workday that they are on the floor. Monitors to ensure appointments are set and kept. Follow up with all prospects within one business day of their visit to the dealership.
· Ensures 100% demonstration rides for all Sales Consultants with the customer.
· Ensures 100% trade evaluation by Sales Consultants.
· Ensures 100% submission of Discovery forms on all prospects to the sales desk.
· In conjunction with the Management Team and President, reviews new car inventories and maintains targets set by manufacturer and dealership’s unit and floor plan metrics.
· Assigns minimum standards to each Sales Consultant, in conjunction with the Management Team and Sales Consultant. Assigns a monthly unit, gross profit, and Finance & Insurance (F&I) objective based on seasonal trends and hold Sales Consultants accountable for achieving them.
· Uses the dealership’s designed Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to track and monitor all sales activities. Requires all Sales Consultants to update CRM activities daily in the system as well.
· Maintains or exceeds an average gross profit per Business Plan for new cars.
· Ensures all Sales Consultants are using the Discovery forms to follow up with their current customer base. The Management Team is responsible for inspecting the Sales Consultants’ follow-up system during their daily one-on-one meetings.
· Conducts regular sales meetings and provides new employee orientation.
· Provides training and role-playing, daily, with all Sales Consultants.
· Coordinates the pre-delivery preparation of new cars with the Detail department per established procedures.
· Assists Sales Consultants with closing deals, when necessary.
· Ensures the appearance of the showroom and other customer areas are neat, clean, and attractive to our guests.
· Ensures that standards are maintained for displaying, merchandising, and maintaining new cars.
· Personally thank each prospect and buyer.
· When absent from the sales floor, makes certain that another member of the Management Team is available to monitor our Sales Consultants and floor traffic.
· Maintains a weekly and monthly work schedule for all Sales Consultants. Coordinates days off, vacations, etc. to ensure proper floor coverage at all times.
· Prepares yearly plan and objectives and assist with budgets and forecasting for new car sales and gross profits, and frequently reviews plans to stay on track to meet or exceed objectives.
· Effectively builds, manages, and develops talent to support a performance culture within the department.
· Closely manages employees, utilizing 1-on-1 meetings and Subject & Action (S&A) accountability standards.
· Conducts timely performance appraisals for employees. Ensures timely submission and monitoring of annual business plan goals for yourself and your direct reports.
· Ensures team members achieve minimum annual training requirements, as appropriate.
· Ensure prompt and regular attendance, of self and direct reports.
· Perform other appropriate duties as may be assigned by Management.
Travel as business needs may require
Education, Experience, & Skills:
· Education: Some college experience is minimally required, with a relevant college degree preferred.
· Experience: 5+ years of prior automotive dealership sales management experience is preferred.
· Skills & Abilities: Past work history must confirm a high level of energy and communication as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced and detail-oriented style of leadership. Must possess expert knowledge of the new car dealership sales industry. Must be able to communicate effectively, in written, verbal, presentation, and active listening forms. Presents in both one-on-one and small group presentation settings, at all levels of the organization and in outside settings such as retail advertising and speaking to outside contacts on behalf of our business. Demonstrate a focus on customer service excellence and deal effectively with customers in all situations. Demonstrate strong problem-solving abilities, across a broad range of issues, and ensure successful implementation of corrective actions. Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality in protecting business-related information. Must possess and continuously maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record. Demonstrates a personal commitment to quality in all aspects of work.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.