To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2131 Walnut Grove Avenue
Rosemead, CA 91770
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. New Development Planning Specialist - Tulare
Southern California Edison • Rosemead, CA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison’s (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 14 million residents via SCE’s 5 million customer accounts.
This position will be in the New Development Project Design Planning (NDPD) division within Southern California Edison’s (SCE) Transmission & Organizational Unit (TDOU).
The Senior New Development Planning Specialist will support the regulatory requirements of SCE’s electrical distribution system by developing and designing plans, identifying necessary resources and providing cost estimates and options for the construction of distribution facilities. This position interacts with a diverse customer base on meeting electrical design needs and is responsible for providing successful outcomes for the customer and SCE on assigned or requested projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Coordinate activities with other internal personnel and/or organizations to ensure compliance and appropriate follow-through of policies, procedures, rules, rates, and completion dates applicable to his/her assigned projects.
- Manage work orders through the entire process and taking accountability for customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a current understanding of industry practices, standards and customer needs.
- Acquire permits and easements, identifying environmental requirements and coordinating required project components with other departments, customers, governmental bodies, and various external sources.
- Manage numerous complex design projects from inception to construction completion.
- Perform meter spots and related design work.
- Act as a mentor to Planner and Designer classifications, while providing assistance, guidance and instruction to other team members.
- Manage large residential development projects.
- Provide global and feed point information to applicant designers.
- Assisting in the development of master planning with field engineering.
- Perform applicant design checks for large residential and commercial projects.
- Schedule applicant install preconstruction meetings.
- Provide input to governmental agencies for EIR studies.
- Support system emergencies as they arise.
- Maintaining a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Must possess three or more years of experience working in an electrical utility distribution service planning function.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- A combination of formal education, training, and experience to gain knowledge, skills, and abilities generally equivalent to those possessed by a high school graduate.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering principles, construction standards, and industry practices.
- Experience in SCE systems such as DM, SAP, AUD, CSS and knowledge of resource books such as DDS, UGS, ESR, Overhead and Underground Construction Manuals.
- Experience working with Tract Design, including Edison and applicant design/applicant install process, including pricing and contract preparation.
- Experience determining scope of work, method of service, and construction methods for overhead and underground facilities.
- Experience preparing work orders or construction plans on projects.
- Experience using interpersonal skills to handle customer relations issues in an effective manner, which result in win-win situations.
- Experience managing multiple projects and functioning effectively under tight time constraints, shifting priorities and making critical decisions with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients’ business needs.
- Ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions that have considerable business impact.
- Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, management, and other work units.
- Ability to take initiative and accountability for the accuracy of information and for achieving results.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to drive, traverse on uneven surfaces, occasionally lift up to 40 lbs, sit/stand for extended periods of time, work in various weather conditions, and possibly be in remote regions (coast, desert, and mountain) for extended periods of time.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Position will require 30% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.