1. Maintains effective working relationships with staff, patients/clients, contracting agencies, and interdepartmental and interagency staff.
2. Develops work schedules for assigned staff and collaborates with Supervisor to ensure effective staffing patterns. Selects and assigns aides to clients and directs aides to assure complete coverage for the entire assignment. This includes but is not limited to emergency replacements of aides. Maintains a system for tracking aides’ work schedules and assuring accuracy.
3. Collaborates with the assigned Nurse in all aspects of providing services to client.
4. Communicates with client, contract personnel, and aide, in accordance with providing safe and adequate service, and with contract guidelines/obligations.
5. Documents and maintains records on all interactions and communication related to the assignment with aide, contract, Nurse, co-workers, and supervisor.
6. Facilitates growth and development of assigned staff and acts as a resource person to the aide for information about Agency policy, procedure and contract related data.
7. Monitors staff performance to assess compliance with contractual obligations and regulatory requirements. Reports findings to Supervisor and/or Director, Patient Services and/or President. Evaluates the aide’s work performance in accordance with Agency policy and procedure.
8. Provides orientation and training to assigned staff. Participates with nursing and other assigned staff in the orientation and in-service training of the home care workers.
9. Performs clerical duties as needed, this includes but is not limited to: scanning, filing and/or typing confidential information, taking and/or routing telephone messages and faxes, updating staffing documents and calendars, etc. Assures all documents the aide is required to prepare are completed accurately and timely.
1. High School Graduate or equivalent.
2. Bilingual (Spanish).
3. Experience in Customer Service, or experience as a Home Health Aide or Personal Care Aide
4. Minimum two (2) years experience as a Service Coordinator in a home care agency (i.e., CHHA; LTHHCP; LHCSA; or Home Attendant Agency).
5. Knowledge of personal computers and various software applications. Experience with automated time-leave systems preferred.
6. Experience working with New York State Department of Health regulations for Licensed Home Care Service Agencies, and/or, the Joint Commission on Accreditation for Health Care Organizations is preferred.