To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL 60606
- Lucas Spezia
- Phone: 3124240300
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Manager of Benefits & Payroll
Addison Group • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Title: Senior Manager of Benefits & Payroll
This position is responsible for operational efficiency, execution, strategy and competitive design for an overall best-in-class US Payroll and Benefits function. This individual will partner with leadership to ensure that all programs support the organization’s strategic objectives, are competitive, cost effective and in compliance with legal requirements. This individual will be responsible for leading, developing and mentoring a team of benefit and payroll specialists.
- Manage all aspects of health & welfare and retirement plans (both Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution), including strategy, administration, and compliance.
- Lead the evaluation, selection and ongoing management of the company’s benefit consultants, brokers, actuaries, and legal counsel.
- Participate in contract negotiations to secure best in class benefits programs; manage relationship with external Benefit Consultative Brokers and benefit plan vendors and conduct ongoing review of industry trends and changes in legislation.
- Monitor administration of benefit processes including benefit payments and employee hire, termination, life status events, COBRA administration, carrier feeds, etc., and respond and resolve employee benefit queries/issues while interfacing with benefit vendors and third-party administrators.
- Oversee annual benefit renewals and evaluation of program changes for each fiscal year
- Recommend strategic plan designs and annual pricing
- Ensure company compliance with provisions of ERISA, ACA, and other legislative requirements; coordinate preparation of regulatory filings with federal and state agencies, including IRS, DOL, PBGC and other regulatory agencies.
- Provide overall corporate payroll function oversight including payroll processing, payroll taxes, reviewing and revising policies and procedures as well as internal controls.
- Maintain payroll information by designing and documenting processes; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of payroll related data.
- Oversee preparation of payroll reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determine payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Work with finance team as necessary to help ensure that payroll data is reporting accurately in financial reports; help to monitor interface; provide support as necessary at times of payroll, tax or financial audit.
- Coordinate external and internal audits related to payroll, making sure the payroll department is adhering to company and legal standards. Ensure payroll tax payments are in compliance with applicable federal, state and local tax laws.
- Ensure Payroll policies and procedures are applied appropriately and recommend changes and improvements to existing processes to expedite workflow and to enhance customer service
- Help evaluate and improve payroll and benefits processes as needed.
- Oversee administration of disability, Leaves of Absence, FMLA, Parental/Bonding leave and worker’s compensation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is required. Master’s Degree in related field or MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of broad based and progressive experience designing and managing benefits and payroll.
- Previous experience in evaluating and selecting a healthcare provider and broker required.
- Demonstrated success in leading, upskilling and building teams.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated track record of innovation and change management.
- Ability to drive process improvement and evolving benefit plan design and payroll administration with the needs of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals through influencing, partnering and developing productive relationships with senior leadership and line managers across the business.
- Experience in and comfort with working in a fast paced, rapidly changing, sometimes ambiguous environment is essential.
- Advanced Excel skills required. Experience using Peoplesoft and ADP preferred.